Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting web stats for an additional domain

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Getting web stats for an additional domain

I have web stats activated for my plus.com and own domain name.  Earlier this year, I had an additional domain added to my account.
Over the weekend I sought to look at the web stats for the new domain (listed on the web stats page) but it generated a 404 error - page not found.
I'm guessing that (for whatever reason) web stats is not active for that domain name?  How does one get web stats activated for that site please?  There is only a "global" deactivate option on the web stats page.
Is it simply a matter of deactivating "all" and then activating "all"?  Will there be a break in the stats collection?  Will previous stats be lost through this action?
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Getting web stats for an additional domain

I don't think there's much you can do from your side Kevin. I've made some changes this side, give it four hours or so and let me know if you're still having problems then.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Albeit this was when ccgi was included in webstats, but disabling webstats, waiting a hour or so then enabling them again added a newly enabled ccgi sub-domain for me. Of course nothing appeared for the extra sub-domain until the following day when the overnight collection run had completed.
Turning them off and on again didn't lose me any data.
David
David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Bob & David,
Thank you for very prompt replies.
I will take a look sometime later today when your magic runes have had time to work.

Many thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Bob,
OT:  Your actions to resolve this (seen closed tickets tank you) has resulted in a feedback survey request being emailed to me.  Upon clicking the embedded link, I get a page from survey monkey thanking me for completing the survey.  I know I'm quick and sometimes telepathic, but this is a bit slick even for me!
I think this has been seen before, something to do with browser cached pages and survey monkey.  (Note At present I'm on the iPad, will try again on PC later.). One hopes / expects that there is a unique identifying parameter in the call to survey monkey which ought to avoid this happening?
Kevin

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Not sure who looks after the surveys these days. I shall try and find out though and point them towards this thread. Thanks for the feedback Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵