cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Full PAYH] domain hosting renewal

decomplexity
Rising Star

[Full PAYH] domain hosting renewal

Hosting for one of my full PAYH domains expired.
The PN email telling me said simply "This email is to confirm that the hosting for your PAYH domain, <my domain name>, has now expired.”
Since the account has lots of credit, I followed the Plesk Help instructions to renew hosting. These say: "In order to bring the hosted domain name/web site back to operation, you will need to manually renew the hosting account: on your Home page, click the domain name your need, click the Limits icon, specify another term in the Validity period box, click OK, then click the Enable icon in the Domain group (Home > domain name). "
Hmm... No you don’t. I might have finger trouble, but the Limits page seems to display as read-only. Instead, I found – after some trial and error (and panic as it was Saturday and PAYH support don’t work weekends) that I needed to go into Home page / My Account / Hosting / select Extend/Renew hosting against the expired domain select domain / select the extension period.
It would help if:
a. the PAYH Help was corrected and/or
b. the PN email was amended to state what needed doing to extend the hosting life of the domain
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
2 REPLIES 2
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Re: [Full PAYH] domain hosting renewal

Hi
Once credit has been added the confirmation email advises you to go back in to the My Account section to use it.
Once credit is added, if you are wish to extend hosting for a domain you need to log in to your PAYH Account > My Account > Hosting < Extend / Renew
Hope that clears things up
decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: [Full PAYH] domain hosting renewal

Agreed Kev. This is fine when your account credit and domain hosting duration are roughly in synch, so when you add credit you have immediate need to add hosting duration as well. The problem comes when you add credit - perhaps to allow one domain to continue to be hosted - and, a month or two later, another domain runs out of hosting while the account is still in credit.
Enhancing the scant PN 'domain expiration' email to remind the customer what to do - and in particular to ignore Plesk Help! -  would be helpful and a trivial task.
'Full' PAYH is a chargeable supported production service and not a value-added freebie like CGI. If Plesk Help is inaccurate, it does behove PN to take every opportunity to steer customers away from it when necessary and into the right direction.   
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017