cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Full PAYH] Mail redirection

decomplexity
Rising Star

[Full PAYH] Mail redirection

Anyone else have (or had) problems getting mail redirection from 'full' (not Preview) PAYH accounts working  -  both simple redirection and redirection after lodging in a mailbox? I thought maybe the Ironports were silently gobbling things up, but redirection seems to fail even for longer emails crafted as far as possible not to look like spam. 
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: [Full PAYH] Mail redirection

Does PAYH have its own mail relays? Or are you using the Plusnet relays. I suspect the latter might regard PAYH as off network and refuse connections unless authenticated.
David
decomplexity
Rising Star

The redirection is 'behind the scenes' and the outbound mail server used is invisible.
Having said that, normal 'full PAYH' email uses (for my account at least) addresses of the form 212.56.83.229 for SMTP whereas PN's relay servers have addresses of the form 212.159.9.107
Since PAYH support has not yet replied to the (now) 3-day-old ticket, I think I will give them a nudge via a post in this forum...
decomplexity
Rising Star

[Full PAYH] email redirection restriction

Nudge nudge.
PAYH Support have yet to respond in any way to a 3-day-old ticket for a problem which appears to be 100% replicable at their end.
[Full PAYH userid CRNEVENTING; ticket 21]
"Are Ye There, Are Ye There, are Ye There?"  [apologies to Mr Kipling - who makes exceedingly good poetry]
mal0z
Grafter

We use the full paid for PAYH, and use the redirect facility without problems. I get messages sent to our domain into my PN email address.
mal0z
Grafter

Re: [Full PAYH] mail redirection - Hellooo ....

Yes - Kev is on the forum  Smiley
But PAYH don't work weekends.
Kev asnwered one on my PM's this morning
decomplexity
Rising Star

[Full PAYH] email redirection restriction

It appears that either redirecting emails from 'full PAYH' email accounts to other PN email accounts is blocked or my 'full PAYH' email setup is hosed! I note Mal's reply indicating that it works for him.
There may be a good reason for a block (if there is one) but it is not currently a restriction on normal PN email and I do not recall seeing this block documented anywhere. If it is indeed limited in this way, it needs to be 'writ very large indeed'.
This use of PN to PN redirection has a legitimate application: email 'Contact Us' forms which use (or should normally use) ROLES, e.g. chairman@superclub.co.uk; webmaster@superclub.co.uk  (where PN hosts superclub.co.uk); the user selects (e.g.) chairman from the form and the email goes to chairman@superclub.co.uk.
The role holder (e.g. if Fred is chairman) could either have a real PAYH mailbox (in which case no redirection is needed ) or could want email sent to his/her existing personal mail address (e.g. fred@yahoo.co.uk). Changing redirection via a simple PN or PAYH table update means that no-one needs to hack any PHP code when Fred is superseded by Jim. And all this works fine EXCEPT when Fred or Jim happen by chance to have PN email accounts!
If Fred's personal email address is fred@tiggywinkle.co.uk (as opposed to e.g. a Yahoo or Hotmail account), how am I to know that this happens to be a PN account and hence mail will effectively be blackholed?
If there is a neater way round this I will willingly employ it.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

adie:blue I've merged 3 topics that seemed to cover the same issue ]
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'