Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname domain

FIXED
GeekyPaul_N7

Freenetname domain

Hello,
My Freenetname/Madasafish domain is due to expire very soon but I can't find any information anywhere on the website on getting it renewed. Therefore, some assistance would be appreciated in getting it actioned.

I've seen others on this forum have had similar issues which have since been resolved. Given that I have had this domain since the early 2000s, and I'm heavily reliant on the associated email addressses, I would appreciate your help in getting this sorted.

10 REPLIES 10
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Freenetname domain

@GeekyPaul_N7 

This can be escalated with a request to action (you didn't say when renewal is due) but it would be necessary to know the domain name - are you able to identify it here, for follow-up (?) If you would prefer it not to be publicly visible, please send me a PM with this info, thanks.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
GeekyPaul_N7

Thanks Penny. I've sent you a PM
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Fix

@GeekyPaul_N7 

Thank you for the PM : )

I have escalated with a request for renewal - it might not happen immediately, but it should be in the pipeline now.

If the WHOIS page hasn't updated by say Monday next week, let me know and I'll chase : )

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

@GeekyPaul_N7 

Just a brief update, to let you know your domain name was renewed early this morning.

GeekyPaul_N7

@Penny 

That's great service Penny.  Thank you for the quick turnaround and for making it so easy

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

@GeekyPaul_N7 

Thank you for the 'fixed' credit : )

I'm just a customer like you, btw - I don't work for PlusNet.  But superusers (and mods) can flag things up for PN attention, if it looks urgent.

Glad this got sorted for you so swiftly.

GeekyPaul_N7

Ah well even more impressive then @Penny   

Thank you again for your help 😁

mattclarke_202

Hi Penny, could you help me out in the same way please? Forum wont allow me to PM you - the URL is www.railgallery.co.uk 

Also rely on the associated e-mail address from this freenetname domain.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @mattclarke_202 ,

Have requested this be progressed for you - hopefully someone will be able to do this within the next few days.

I think PMs might not become enabled until anyone joining the forum has posted at least one message (could be more but it's at least one afaik).

If the nominet page - https://www.nominet.uk/ - our services - WHOIS - hasn't updated by the end of the week, give me a shout and I'll chase again : )

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @mattclarke_202 

Just an update to let you know your domain name was renewed early yesterday morning.

AFAIK domain-name renewals are usually done fairly promptly, but it might be an idea to stick a note in the diary for (say) two weeks before the next renewal is due, just to create a forum post so that it gets chased if need be.