cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname domain and integration into plusnet account?

Pierssy
Hooked

Freenetname domain and integration into plusnet account?

Hello

I have just signed up with Plusnet, I have a preexisting domain from Freenetname/Mad As a Fish, and I was wondering if I can integrate it into my Plusnet. I have not really used it a lot except for email for a few years and after it moved from Mad as a Fish I could not access the web space and then when it moved to Plusnet it just all seemed to difficult.

If possible now that we are signed up with Plusnet I would like to use the domain again, does anyone know if this is possible and if so are there any helpful guides to get me started ftp etc. ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Freenetname domain and integration into plusnet account?

Hi there.

Welcome back (kind of) and to our community forums.

This should certainly be possible. We'd just need to raise a task with our networks team to change the IPSTAG from Madasafish to Force9, then remove the domain component from your Madasafish account, then add it on your Plusnet account.

We'll need to wait until your Plusnet account has gone live though.

If you can send me a private message once that's happened, I'd be happy to arrange this for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pierssy
Hooked

Many thanks for you reply, can't say I understand it but thats not a problem, the idea that it can be done is a bonus to joining Plusnet. I will get back to you once we are up and running.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem.

Essentially we'll do some things our side and you'll have your domain on your Plusnet account Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Pierssy

I thought I'd just follow up regarding your query of moving your domain from your Madasafish account to your Plusnet account. Are you free for a call today to arrange this? I'm here until 6:30pm, though I'm on annual leave next week until 04/02/2019 (Assuming you're still wanting to go ahead)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pierssy
Hooked

Thank you for thinking of this, is it OK if I put this on the backburner for a while only I am more than a little swamped at the moment?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sure thing, that’s no problem. There’s no rush as your Madasafish account will continue on as it is hosting your domain until you’re ready to make the move (if you still want to)
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet