cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname/Madasafish Site - How to Verify your domain for your Google service

niall_anderson
Hooked

Freenetname/Madasafish Site - How to Verify your domain for your Google service

Hi,  hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

To validate to Google that I am the owner of a domain, they require me to go to the control panel and add a new DNS record asa 'TXT' type entry and paste in a validation code that Google have sent to me.

However on the Madasafish user interface for the Account, there is no option that allows the user to make any DNS changes.

How can this be done?

Niall...

4 REPLIES 4
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Freenetname/Madasafish Site - How to Verify your domain for your Google service

Hi @niall_anderson, thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm domains provided on madasafish accounts have no way of updating the domain records. Not only this but I'm afraid our domain support in general across other account types doesn't allow for TXT changes.

I'd advise then, you look to migrate your domain elsewhere so these changes can be made. If you do look into transferring the domain elsewhere then feel free to drop us the new domain hosts IPS tag over private message as we're happy to help progress this our side for you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Freenetname/Madasafish Site - How to Verify your domain for your Google service

I thought google also allowed you to upload to your website for verification

If you can access your domain’s DNS settings at your domain host, copy and paste the TXT, CNAME, or MX record. You can also upload a meta tag or HTML file to your website. You can find out which record is best to use with your domain host in the host-specific instructions.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@MisterW wrote:

I thought google also allowed you to upload to your website for verification

@niall_anderson   Yes, I can confirm this - just checked on the HappyChild site and (in the htdocs folder, which I think is called the 'root' folder) there is a file called google0123456789.html (number changed), the content of which is just one line and exactly the same as the filename.

Said file was downloaded from the google site-verification page and uploaded to HappyChild - the whole verification process took a couple of minutes, if that.

See https://support.google.com/cloudidentity/answer/7334392 [scroll down for HTML file method]

This all used to be possible without needing to sign up for G Cloud or G Identity or whatever - just a simple Google account where you log in, eg https://myaccount.google.com/ .  Guessing it's still possible to set up such an account free of charge.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
niall_anderson
Hooked

Thanks for all the replies, definitely feeling more upbeat about this today.

I'll see if we can get it verified via the html route .