Freenetname/Madasafish Domain name has expired

FIXED
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Freenetname/Madasafish Domain name has expired

Hi @stonecross,

We would need you to contact us once it's time to renew and we will happily send a renewal request for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
DiscoTrev
Hooked

Hi.

I am also an ex Freenetname customer who had a domain name which was registered by Freenetname / Madasafish and which has automatically renewed for hte past 15 years.

Earlier this month I have received an email from Nominet stating that this domain name is expiring.

What do I need to do to ensure this domain name gets renewed. (By the way I haven't had to do anything previously? It has always renewed automatically without my intervention.)

stonecross
Dabbler

You need to contact Plusnet (you can do it on this discussion board) and ask them to renew it for you.

You will then have to remind them each year to renew.

It's a pain I know and previous to this year they have renewed mine automatically however it appears that they have changed their procedures!

DiscoTrev
Hooked

Thanks @stonecross.

@Beyhive, I see you are a Plusnet staff member. Are you able to help me renew my freenetname domain. You appear to have helped other people on this post previously.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I'm another one who had always (15yrs+) had their domain name auto renewed but the first I knew this year that it hadn't was when my emails suddenly stopped working. PN said it could take 3 days but in fact it only 2hrs.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @DiscoTrev, we'd be happy to help you renew your domain. Due to an account change needed to be made I'm afraid we can't renew the domain via requests on this Forum. Not to worry however as I've raised a ticket on your account confirming your request to renew your domain. If you can please reply to the ticket confirming you'd like the domain renewed then we'll happily get this actioned for you. The ticket I've raised on your account can be seen here.

DiscoTrev
Hooked

Thanks @BD, I have replied to the ticket you have raised for me confirming. Please can you get the domain name renewed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @DiscoTrev 

I've checked the ticket for you and I can't see any replies you've made. did you just reply to the email notification we've sent? These emails are delivered to you from an monitored address I'm afraid.

Unfortunately it looks like @BD may have accidentally given you the link for a Plusnet account but you've got a Madasafish account, you can view your tickets online for this Here.

Having said that from experience I don't believe you'd be able to reply to a ticket online via the Madasafish portal and as these domains should be auto-renewed but aren't, I've raised a task to our NetOps team to renew this for you.

This should be carried out within the next 3 working days, we'll be as quick as we can.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DiscoTrev
Hooked

Yes @Gandalf, you are correct.  Given that the link provided by @BD was for a Plusnet account (that I don't have), I simply replied to the email hoping that the reply would be associated with the ticket.

From your response above I can see that is not the case. I have now checked my Madasafish account and as you correctly state I can see the ticket (which now appears to have been closed by yourself at 3:13 pm) but I am unable to reply to those tickets via the Madasafish portal.

Now that you have raised a ticket with your NetOps team I am hopeful that the domain will be renewed shortly.

Thanks for your help so far.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @DiscoTrev Realise I've closed the ticket but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been able to reply to it online if it was open, I think that's a fairly long standing issue with the ticket system on the Madasafish accounts.

Fingers crossed this is sorted for you soon next week though!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @DiscoTrev we've now renewed your domain for a further year.

I'd recommend making a note of the expiry date as shown by going to who.is and typing your domain name in and let us know before it expires next year if you'd want us to renew this again for you Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stonecross
Dabbler

I've been monitoring this conversation Gandalf and I have one question for you, I have a Madasafish Justmail account - How do I raise a ticket on this account for my annual renewal, which we are all now aware, we have to remind Madasafish of and which was previously on auto-renewal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @stonecross While we may have automatically renewed Madasafish domains in the past, I'm afraid it's not something we're currently able to do, so you'll need to let us know just before it's about to expire if you'd want us to renew it for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stonecross
Dabbler

Yes Gandalf, I realise that but I have a Madasafish Justmail account - How do I raise a ticket on this account for my annual renewal.

You have previously said we can't ask for it to be done on this forum!

Quote:

"Due to an account change needed to be made I'm afraid we can't renew the domain via requests on this Forum."

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @stonecross 

As far as I've seen you can't raise a ticket online yourself or reply to a ticket that we raise; the latter I'm looking to investigate further but I can't guarantee when that will be fixed.

I don't personally have a Madasafish account, so I can't replicate this myself but if you go Here logging in with your Madasafish details is there an option for you to raise a ticket?

If there isn't then you'll need to either call us on 0800 432 0200, chat to us online Here, message us via Facebook or Twitter, or post on our community forums like you've done.

I've discussed this with BD because we've been renewing domains from a request via the forums previously, and it should be fine to continue to do this as we're simply renewing a domain that should be renewed unless the account is cancelled.

I do hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet