cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname/Madasafish Domain Expiry

FIXED
goodenglish

Re: Freenetname/Madasafish Domain Expiry

Hi. My domain expires on 19 April. Please, are you making such renewals at the moment? Thanks and best wishes.

notchfield

I have had an email from Nominet - see attached.
Please can you arrange for my domain to be renewed.
I would be devastated if this expiry resulted in missed communications just now.

Many thanks in advance,
Vernon.

SalliG

Hi there, the renewal all got fixed. I have another question. I haven't updated my website in forever and now I have forgotten how to access it - could you please help. I finally need to update it and can't remember what I have to do to get there - I vaguely remember I had ftp software but I don't have that software any more as I have updated the Mac a few times. Please give me a clue as to how I can get into it now

Salli Griffith

DNTetlow
Hooked

Hello,

I set a reminder and my domain is due to expire tomorrow: 

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]
URL: http://www.madasafish.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 25-Sep-1999
Expiry date: 25-Sep-2021
Last updated: 18-Sep-2020

Can you please arrange for this domain to be renewed as you did last year. It would obviously be helpful for it to be renewed for more than a year at a time to save time and resources from both parties next year!

Many thanks

DNTetlow
Hooked

Sorry - I should have said for my domain - tetlow.co.uk

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Hi @DNTetlow 

I looked your domain up at Nominet - https://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=tetlow.co.uk&cc-num=#whois-results - to check if it had been renewed since your post yesterday - but it says 25-Sep-2021 - which, looking back at what you wrote, is the same date as you posted:

@DNTetlow wrote:

I set a reminder and my domain is due to expire tomorrow: 

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 25-Sep-1999
Expiry date: 25-Sep-2021
Last updated: 18-Sep-2020

Not entirely sure what has happened here - is it possible that PN renewed it for two years, last year?  Either way, it looks as though it's sorted (and afaik the renewals are done automatically now, or so I'd heard, anyway).

Worth keeping an eye on, with the nominet WHOIS lookup, regardless, ongoing, probably.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It looks like we’ve proactively renewed the domain already on the 18th September 2020 and it’s due to expire next year on the renewal date of 25th September 2021. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DNTetlow
Hooked

Brilliant - thank you! I think that I managed to confuse myself but I have set a reminder again for 2021 and next year I will check more carefully before raising a post! 😳 Hopefully all dealt with automatically in the future as Penny suggests might be the case.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

@DNTetlow wrote:

Hopefully all dealt with automatically in the future as Penny suggests might be the case.

... Not entirely sure where I saw the references to automatic renewal - there are a couple on page https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Freenetname-Madasafish-domain-has-not-renewed/m-p/1476... (one with reference to wording on a ticket indicating that) (this was as long ago as 2017).

... Had an idea I'd seen something more recently (late 2019, maybe) but having just trawled through 'search' I found this one https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Domain-Name-renewal/m-p/1765174/highlight/true#M24778 dated 9th September 2020 which says
"We set all our domains to auto-renew some time back" (post by someone in the PN Help team).

Having said that, I would re-iterate what I said in my previous reply to @DNTetlow, that it would be worth keeping an eye on the nominet WHOIS lookup, as the years progress, just to make sure that renewals do in fact take place each year (or 2 years, not sure if the latter is the default maybe).

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Swinglish70
Hooked

Hi Gandalf, and apologies for bringing this thread back to life.

I have a domain that was registered with freenetname, and is now up for renewal, expiry is December 2020.

I've tried to contact Plusnet customer support, but no one seems to be answering the phone, and the web chat just points me back to a telephone call.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the renewal done?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Swinglish70 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I have looked into your domain and although can't confirm the actions I've taken via this platform you should have received an email notification regarding the domain.
I hope this helps and if there's anything further we can help you with please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

Swinglish70
Hooked

Thanks BD! I have indeed received the email 🙂

DiscoTrev
Hooked

HI,

I have recently received an email from Nominet stating that my Madasafish domain (discotrev.co.uk) is expiring.

Please can this be renewed as soon as possible. I know this happened last year and when I requested it be renewed in a forum port it was actioned shortly after so I would very much like this to happen again this year.

Thanks in advance.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser

@DiscoTrev 

Just a note to say renewal has been requested.

Swinglish70
Hooked

Hi BD, Penny and any of the very helpful staff who are here!

I have a question about my Madasafish account... It's seemingly impossible to contact anyone via the Madasafish support page, and I don't appear to have a log in (or be able to log in) on the Plus net site... 

How do I contact anyone at Plus net? As they are technically my service provider / registrar, should I have some kind of account with them?

It feels like as a Madasfish user, I've fallen through the cracks somewhat, and the only way I can get any assistance is here.

Any suggestions of what I can do?