Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname/ MADASAFISH Domain not renewed

FIXED
flycatchers
Dabbler

Freenetname/ MADASAFISH Domain not renewed

Hi,

i have had a domain with Freenetname which turned into MADASAFISH and now Plusnet since 2000. It is www.fly-catchers.co.uk

The domain ran out yesterday and I have just had an email from Nominet about this. How do I go about renewing this as in the past it was renewed automatically. I would like to keep my hobby site up and running.

thanks

bill sherren

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Freenetname/ MADASAFISH Domain not renewed

Sorry to hear that. We've passed this to the relevant team to investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
flycatchers
Dabbler

Thanks for looking into it for me. It was renewed after a reminder from me in 2016 without issue. When I contacted tech support yesterday they said they would charge me £1 for the domain! Is that a one off fee as the domain has been free since I took it out in 2000 with freenetname as it was them. And when it moved to Madasfish and indeed Plusnet for the 2016 renewal it has remained free. Still showing as expired on the Nominet site as of 2.30 pm today.

thanks

bill

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

As far as I'm aware there should be no charges but we'll let you know as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
flycatchers
Dabbler

Thankyou for resolving this issue Matthew and getting my Domain active again! Is it remaining free as it has done since setup in 2000 and will the £1 charge which [CSA Removed] from Tech support who said it would be added to my next invoice on the 2/7/18 now not occur?

thanks again

bill 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, yes it should remain free. I've checked your account and it isn't set up to bill you for a £1 monthly fee. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flycatchers
Dabbler

Thanks Adam! 👍

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem!

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team