Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free website templates

pfisher33
Dabbler

Free website templates

Hi there
i am new to website building and currently have a domain registered with PN and was wondering if anyone knew of and simple to use tmemplates for my site i am currently trying to do a site around photography and want to use the site as a portfolio site where i can place my work on it with a possible blog any help would be grately appriciated and if this has been asked somewhere before i apologise and would be grateful to the link to where i can find this information
MTIA
Paul
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Free website templates

I think your best approach is probably to do a Google search for 'free website templates'.
You also need to consider what you are aiming to achieve - how often do you expect to update content? Will the pages be static? How much time are you prepared to commit to setting up and maintaining your site?
If changes are frequent you would most likely need to use a Content Management System such as WordPress or Joomla. Those need to run on a CGI enabled server with a database system such as MySQL. However Plusnet's ccgi server currently has MySQL version 4.1.11 which is insufficient for current versions of both those packages.
Using a 'fudge' documented elsewhere on this board it is possible to run the current default version of WordPress (3.4) on ccgi, but there might be problems with non-default themes.
David
David
pfisher33
Dabbler

Thanks David for the information i currently have mysql added to my webspace etc its going to but updated i would say on a monthly basis but due to being hacked i have to start again with putting photos on the site which are still on my webspace but need to know the coding for me to do this any help be welcome in this matter, i also update my site through microsoft expression
avatastic
Grafter

Have a look at Open Source Web Design?
I used to grab from there before I moved to Drupal/Wordpress for various things.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)