cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Discovery+ subscription now available if you have a BT sport subscription with PN.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Free Discovery+ subscription now available if you have a BT sport subscription with PN.

Just a heads up to those with a BT Sport subscription through PN, you can get a Discovery+ subscription  for no extra cost.

Visit discovery+ on BT Sport and sign up Smiley 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
24 REPLIES 24
Beanhead
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Free Discovery+ subscription now available if you have a BT sport subscription with PN.

Whenever I go to activate, it asks to login to a BT account. But my BT account shows I have no subscription to BT Sport only my plusnet account does?

How do you activate if you procure BT Sport via Plusnet and not with a BT account?

Thanks

dvorak

Re: Free Discovery+ subscription now available if you have a BT sport subscription with PN.

Even if you have BT Sport through PN you need to create a BT account. that's what you need sign up with.
Customer / Moderator
Beanhead
Dabbler

I already have a BT account, I'm logging in with it, it shows I have no subscription for BT Sport.

The BT Sport subscription I have is via Sky, not the BT Sport app. You don't need to have a BT account for this and it won't show up in a BT account.

dvorak

Ah, I don't think it's available if you have bt sport through sky or virgin.
Customer / Moderator
Beanhead
Dabbler

That's not what their website says...

Am I Eligible?

If you are a BT Sport customer then you are eligible for discovery+ at no extra cost.

However you receive BT Sport, whether it’s via BT TV, the BT Sport app, BT Sport on Sky, EE or Plusnet, discovery+ is available to you.

dvorak

Ah fair enough, I hadn't read that fully as it just worked for me.
Hopefully a staff member will be along to clear it up Smiley
Customer / Moderator
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Beanhead wrote:

That's not what their website says...

Am I Eligible?

If you are a BT Sport customer then you are eligible for discovery+ at no extra cost.

However you receive BT Sport, whether it’s via BT TV, the BT Sport app, BT Sport on Sky, EE or Plusnet, discovery+ is available to you.

Where are you seeing this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dvorak

If you click the link that says 'Am I eligible?' the following pops up:

CleanShot 2022-12-02 at 06.45.42@2x.png

Customer / Moderator
Beanhead
Dabbler

So are we no closer to figuring this out then?

Is it the eligibility is wrong or have they rolled this out without thinking of the Plusnet customers who dont use a BT account?

Feels like this just needs a link from Plusnet that refers and confirms our status as a BT Sport customer.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I suspect it's a case of poor wording. Will seek clarification though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Beanhead
Dabbler

Any update?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The service is not available to Plusnet Sport Over Sky subscribers. I've asked that some clarity is lent to eligibility pop-up on the page that was linked to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

AndyJFrizzell
Hooked

Well!
I didn’t know that. I was searching for information about the upcoming TNT Sports rebrand and this popped up. All signed up now just need to re log in on iPad and Apple TV. Yay!
I wonder if the issues people are having are to do with the two email address thing on BT ID has anything to do with it. One to log in, one as the ‘if everything fails’ option 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I had a heck of a job trying to change my email address recently.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi Gang

When I came back to Plusnet from BT I bought two Amazon FireSticks to have BT Sport on the two TV's we have in use. This was all because YouView boxes had been discontinued.

I found out yesterday that Discovery+ was available from this thread so now have Discovery+ on the big screen through my FireSticks 

Just a tip to get Discovery+ on the big screen!

Regards

Peter L

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra