Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frayed dropline cable

FIXED
alex6
Dabbler

Frayed dropline cable

I've just had new windows & front door fitted & have noticed that my dropwire cable is badly frayed, with completely exposed wires, where it comes into the house. I am concerned this is a safety risk. How do I go about getting this fixed? I know it has to be done by Openreach, but I've been told that I need to contact Plusnet first.20200323_160348.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Frayed dropline cable

Hey Alex. Thanks for the photo. I've raised a damage report with Openreach and an engineer should go out within the next 24 hours to assess this and either renew the drop-wire or put steps in place to renew it.

Likely to need access to your property based on where the damage is, if you're not around when the engineer picks up the task they may just pass the job back to us and we'll arrange an appointment. 

We'll let you know as soon as we know more, but let us know how it goes as you may hear from an engineer before we do.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alex6
Dabbler

Thanks, Anoush! It's good to hear from you again. I've not heard anything from Openreach so far, but the house is currently unoccupied (which may not surprise you, considering the state of the walls in the pic. 😀) so they may have called around & had no reply. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

No problem Alex, I did wonder although it didn't twig. 😁 I added your mobile number on to the fault report when raising it initially. It looks like an engineer hasn't been assigned due to engineer availability and we've since had guidance that their engineers aren't going into a property unless critically important. Openreach have also closed their helpdesk due to the pandemic, so we can't chase up the progress of the fault but we should still get updates in due course. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet