cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms, php, CGI and Netobjects 10

bridgeman

Forms, php, CGI and Netobjects 10

Hi,
I'm totally confused trying to get a Contact page to work on my website. I've activated CGI space and read all I can find on the forums and PN help pages about CGI but alas there seems to be assumptions made about the way to start.....
PN says put the php pages in the CGI space, not in the CGI folder; so does the rest of the website remain in my usual PN htdocs?  If so how is it referenced by the Contact button and how does a browser access two servers at the same time?
One tutorial on PN tells me to build my website in the CGI space which I've done and the ContactForm appears to function correctly but another tutorial tells me not to put a full website into the CGI space... so where?
NetObjects generates the php pages and talks about a CCGI Alias but doesn't appear to do anything with the info and puts the php pages in its usual html folder and PN won't allow php to run from its htdocs folder.
Apologies for a bit of a ramble but if anybody can point me in the right direction I'll be grateful.
Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Forms, php, CGI and Netobjects 10

First, forget about the text that says don't put your whole site on the ccgi - its old and refers to the previous CGI webserver hardware which was replaced with much faster kit some time ago. Running your website on the ccgi is fine.
As you are dealing with php files forget about your www or homepages webspace, only use ccgi.
You should be using ccgi.plus.net or ccgi.username.plus.com and associated portal password for your FTP settings.
The ccgi webspace does not have any other folders like htdocs (except cgi-bin see below). Your home directory (root folder) where you can publish your web pages is the folder that FTP connects to. You can create folders if you want to to put files into but ccgi.username.plus.com looks in your root folder. The only folder you must not put php files in is cgi-bin.
Finally permissions of php files are important. They should be set to 750 (rwxr-x---) using chmod or you can log into yor cshell prompt (telnet cshell.plus.net) and run the fixphpperms.sh -r command.
bridgeman

Re: Forms, php, CGI and Netobjects 10

Peter,
thanks a million for the response. Problems sorted. Conflicting information was the problem.
Simple when you know how!!
Cheers,
EbS