cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Submission Not Working

Vike

Form Submission Not Working

Hi everyone,
I have been pointed to this forum by Madasafish support as they tell me that they cannot help with my problem.
For several weeks now my Website Form Submission has not been working, although it was only yesterday that I tested it and found this to be so. I just assumed I was not getting any enquiries.
When the Submit button is pressed on my form I get a five minute wait while the status bar reads:"Waiting for http://www.users.freenetname.co.uk/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl
then I get a:" Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.
The problem form is on my website at: http://www.skphotography.co.uk/contact.htm.
I got a first response from Support that read:
"Having had a look at the source code for the form submission it appears that whilst you do have the button 'Send Form' pointing to a method called 'Submit' there is no method 'Submit' so the parser does not know what to do with the form once the button is clicked. Please update the code with a method for 'Submit' to resolve the issue."
To which  I replied:
"Do you mean the method: "post"? This appears in line 96. This is the entire line:
<td width="1067" align="center" ><form method="POST" action="http://www.users.freenetname.co.uk/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl"; name="FeedBack_Form">
And the other line is:
<input type="submit" value="Send Form" name="SendForm">
I don't think I changed the code since the last time it worked in March.
Or am I missing something else?"
I was then told:
"Unfortunately my colleague has tried to go above & beyond our remit and offer assistance on something we are not trained in therefore we cannot continue to support your query using the help assistant."
without telling me whether my code was actually wrong as they first suggested.
Thing is I had not changed the code since March and it would appear that the submission stopped working with the same code as it had when it was. That's why I suspected that it was a hosting issue.
Does anybody have any ideas please?

6 REPLIES 6
Gabe
Grafter

Re: Form Submission Not Working

Seems to work from here.  Huh
Have you tried another browser?
Gabe
Vike

Thanks Gabe, yes I got the first submission in a month today, (I presume Ethel Frog getting married on Mars was you? Smiley But when I tried again from my end....nothing. I tried using Google Chrome and Firefox, still nothing. Cry What Browser did you use?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Seems to be working for me too. Thank you screen displayed instantly.
Using Firefox 3.6.16 on Vista.
David
David
Vike

Weird. I've been using Windows 7, but I even tried a laptop with XP (same internet connection) with no luck. I just tried disabling my firewall and reducing the security settings in IE8 but still no luck.
Gabe
Grafter

Doesn't sound like it's the browser or the PC.
Just in case, could try switching off your router and sitting it on the naughty step for 20 mins before trying again.
Gabe
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Don't know whether this is relevant but I have Plusnet firewall off.
David