Force9 mysql server - any issues

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Force9 mysql server - any issues

Just tried (twice) to log in to the mysql server - just gives
Error - Cannot log in to the MySQL server

... did wonder if everything was okay because the username and password didn't generate automatically as they usually would when selecting 'rumpus' or 'humbug' [so have tried (a) typing in manually (b) copying and pasting from a (working) script]. 
Anyone else seeing this?  didn't really want to raise a ticket unless absolutely necessary 😕
Have checked Service Status but no clues there.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Force9 mysql server - any issues

Just tried logging into phpMyAdmin on both humbug and rumpus. No problem with either.
David
David
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

A bit of lateral thinking - are you using mysql.plus.net? I think the F9 variant possibly no longer exists.
David
David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Appreciate the replies, but hadn't changed anything here (had worked fine on the days leading up to when I posted originally).
I think maybe the non-log-in is tied in somehow with the recent work on the portal.  I still can't gain access to mysql (usual shortcut) via FireFox (haven't removed any cookies, if that has any bearing)  ... but I can get access via the shortcut address with IE6, for whatever oblique reason.
The issues started around the same time as Tony W's post here re "shortcut" access to Webstats (no extension used here for the month, btw), but that resolved itself fairly quickly, and the previous shortcuts now work again.
(pause)
phpmyadmin/mysql now working again with FF : D  suddenly figured out what might work.  Had gained access to mysql (via the shortcut) with IE6, *after* I had done the long-route-through-the-portal to mysql - and the same had applied to the Webstats shortcut (with FF that time) after I had gone the long route to Webstats, via the portal access.
Have just done 'the long route via the portal' to mysql (phpmyadmin) with FF, logged out, and then tried the https://mysql.plus.net shortcut with FF ... and it works fine.
So maybe this is a safety measure built in to the portal, that after a major change, the customer has to use the "long-route-via-the-portal" just the once (to ensure they have username+password as well as mysql-username+password) before the "shortcut" route becomes accessible.  And seemingly this has to be done separately for each "browser" used.
Guesswork, of course 😕  but that would go some way towards explaining the logic of why the shortcut-route wouldn't allow access to mysql before the "long route" had been done, in FF.
More than happy that's it's working again now, however : D
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.