cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix php permissions

jinje
Grafter

Fix php permissions

I'm struggling setting the permissions on the ccgi server for my php files. I've installed a shopping cart and  all the php files need to be set to 755. It has installed lots of folders that contain php files and it will take ages to set all the files individually. I have found the help files about fixphpperms.sh -c but I'm not sure how I can get to the particular folder that contains all the catalogue files.
I'm on mac so I'm using terminal and am not used to it. can someone please tell me what I should be typing at the prompt presuming my folder is called 'cart' on the ccgi server?
I initially thought that fixphpperms.sh -c would change all php files on the ccgi server but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Fix php permissions

cd cart
fixphpperms.sh -c
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

or you can do
fixphpperms.sh -r
This will do a recursive change for all .php files in all directories  from your root directory.
Note: it is not possible to password protect any php files with .htaccess. Check the application to see how it does the admin login authentication. If it uses .htaccess then it will not be secure on PlusNets CCGI servers and I would not recommend using it.
Adam1V
Grafter

Web-Dez,
download a free copy of SmartFTP, it makes life so much easier. -> right click the file CHMOD -> 755

Sooo easy Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

That is fine for a few files but when you have 10s / 100s (as in this case) it is not practical which is what the script detailed earlier was written for.  Smiley
chillypenguin
Grafter

Also;
Quote from: web
I'm on mac

SmartFTP is for windows only.
Chilly
Adam1V
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
That is fine for a few files but when you have 10s / 100s (as in this case) it is not practical which is what the script detailed earlier was written for.  Smiley

I disagree  Smiley you can still highlight as many files or folders as you like, also include subfolders and files.
Highlight the folders/files you want to change (ctrl click for a selection) right click and chmod.
That screen dump was a previous version, this one shows subfolders:
Word_Warrior
Grafter

This is a very good mac ftp client http://fetchsoftworks.com/?gclid=CIT5jv2G1pACFQ0vlAodTSwTOw
or you could try Dreamweaver if you have loads of spare cash Wink