cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ccgi.------------.plus.com

hindleg

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ccgi.------------.plus.com

Since the CGI server was brought back online, I'm intermittently getting the above connection failure message.
It's a simple PHP script, that posts back to itself.
Is anyone else getting this message?
6 REPLIES 6
rekabuk
Dabbler

Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ccgi.------------.plus.com

I get nothing but:
Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

Andrew
hindleg

Re: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ccgi.------------.plus.com

Hi - I got the same Server Error 500 error initially, so I upped the permissions on my php modules to execute for group and owner as well as other. 775 is probably enough though.
Cheers
Gabe
Grafter

Quote from: hindleg
so I upped the permissions on my php modules to execute for group and owner as well as other. 775 is probably enough though.

Nope. 700 for scripts.  Roll_eyes
Gabe
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The connection failure should now be resolved, see my response in the other thread below:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84354.msg696264.html#msg696264
hindleg

Gabe - 700 is execute by owner only, which is what I had before, but after the upgrade the script wouldn't execute (although I didn't get a permissions error). I believe CGI host needs rights to execute this process.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

On the new platform we're using suexec, so the scripts are executed by the user. Gabe is correct in recommending 0700 for scripts. Directories should be 0710.
If you're getting an error with these permissions it will be something else, e.g. a missing extension/library or an .htaccess option that's no longer valid.