cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filezilla

kilburncat
Grafter

Filezilla

I already have a website up and running and want to create another one. I assume I have to create a new directory in the file. I have tried naming it htdocs3, htdocs 3000,htdocslos, or just los, but it comes back 'permission denied'. There are already 2 htdocs files, the second has a long number after it, I don't know whether this has anything to do with it.Could anyone help?
11 REPLIES 11
Beetroot_Bertie
Grafter

Re: Filezilla

Do you mean a site with a different domain or just an offshoot from your current space?
I'm unsure what happens with multiple domains, but if it's just another set of pages in a different folder then create a new directory in your current htdocs folder and the address would be:
www.yourusername.plus.com/newdirectory/
Apologies if I've misunderstood you, I'm quite new to this.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You'll need to create any new directories inside the htdocs folder. The htdocs213214124etc folder is there from when we restored customers' sites following the homepages failure, it will be removed in around 14 days from now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kilburncat
Grafter

Chris, I have right-clicked the htdocs folder and clicked 'create directory' and named it 'los' between the pre-set slashes, and it comes back 'permission denied' again. Should I be doing something else or am I giving it an invalid name?
Not applicable

Open the HTDOCS folder, then create the folders you want *INSIDE* the htdocs one.
You can't create extra folders or files at the same level as the htdocs one. Everything for your site *must* reside inside htdocs.
HTH.
Chris
Legend

You need to open the htdocs folder, double clicking it in filezilla will take you in there. Only in there can you create new directories.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If this is for a new domain you've added, once you've created the new directory you need to go in to the Domain names section of the portal and configure the domain to point at the correct directory.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kilburncat
Grafter

Great, thank you everybody, it has been loaded successfully. However I cannot view the page because I am not sure of the URL.
I named the folder 'los' and I have tried www.myname.plus.com/los or /htdocs/los
without success. What should the address be?
(I have not set up the re-direct yet as I'm not sure where to redirect to).
Chris
Legend

The address will be http://www.username.plus.com/los/, I've just had a look and can see a list of files in there.
kilburncat
Grafter

I am embarrassed. I left out the www Huh
Thanks again.
Chris
Legend

Easily done Wink I know I've done that many times.
samuria
Grafter

www.myname.plus.com/los but you will have to put a index.htm in there so if they go to that url they get a page.
Failing that they will get a list or have to add the file name