cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to house

paulr1949

Fibre to house

I had a mailshot from BT a short while ago telling me that fibre to house is now available in my road, and with some tempting prices (less -for the first year - than I am paying plusnet now). If I go to the member centre I am not getting any information about getting this - since plusnet is owned by BT, why not?? Sky and Zen internet will both offer me 100 mps fibre.

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Fibre to house

@paulr1949 

You can check for yourself the status of your property. Put your phone number in here and if FTTP is available for your house you'll see WBC FTTP in the left hand column (not Fibre on Demand).

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

PlusNet don't currently offer a FTTP product though reasonably solid rumours indicate they may start offering FTTP later this year.

Brian

paulr1949

Yup. FTTP available

Paul

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@paulr1949 

OK, so you now have a choice. If you want faster speeds now then you need to change provider. There are several main stream ones to choose from. I can't guarantee this is still the case but PlusNet were waiving any early termination fees to members who moved to BT.

If you're happy to wait and see then PlusNet may offer FTTP later this year.

The rumour mill has it that PlusNet will begin offering a new router at the same time as they offer FTTP - either a BT SmartHub one or two. Rumours also suggest BT will be offering a new unit - SmartHub3 ?? sometime later this year.

Brian