cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic bb and ad blocker prob

ming
Grafter

Fibre optic bb and ad blocker prob

Two problems forumites -  first one is how can I find out when we're getting fibre optic broadband here? Last summer they were digging up the road for it, but it doesn't seem to be here yet when I search what's available for my postcode.

Secondly, it keeps saying I can't access plusnet help chat because I have an ad blocker - I don't know how to switch it off, is it easy?

10 REPLIES 10
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Fibre optic bb and ad blocker prob

Was it OpenReach digging up the road?

What does the following site say for your Post Code?

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre?utm_source=Openreac...

Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ming as for your Ad Blocker it depends on what one you are using if you are using Adblock Plus (ABP) then you may well have an icon on your browser like you see below.

ABP icon in FireFox on Mac

In this instance just click the blue 'Power' switch to turn it off when you land on plus.net.

ming
Grafter

It says Activate  - coming soon. TY bmc.

ming
Grafter

Have done that mook, made no diff. Will try again though.

TY BOTH x

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ming - You must be on the main https://plus.net site when you turn the blocker off. Once you have press F5 to reload the site so the JavaScript used to control the chat application can detect this.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@ming

Activate means

"We’re running various quality and safety checks. And we’ll soon be letting communications providers know that super or ultrafast is available in your neighbourhood."

So, unless they find a problem you should soon have FTTC available. I would check the following on a regular basis it you're super keen on higher speeds. Once it shows available it'll also give a speed estimate for your line.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'd recommend checking the BT and Openreach sites linked above regarding the fibre availability of your line and once it's showing as available you'll be able to upgrade either through your account or by calling us on 0800 013 2632.

If you want to query the availability further I'd recommend filling out this formwize https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d though it's possible that Openreach won't be able to tell you any further information.

Hope this helps though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@ming wrote:

Secondly, it keeps saying I can't access plusnet help chat because I have an ad blocker - I don't know how to switch it off, is it easy?

There are various sources of add blockers. Some browsers have it built in and you have to go into the settings to disable it. Also some security software includes this feature and again you have to disable it in the settings.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ming
Grafter

Yes I think that must be it, nevmind I will just phone in future - no worries. TY!

ming
Grafter

Ok many thanks!