cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre has suddenly appeared on my pole

jerrybot
Hooked

Fibre has suddenly appeared on my pole

It would seem someone has attached some fibre to the pole outside my house with about 200m colied up at the bottom. It is labelled as "FTTP Connector UG 8way 200m", there is also what looks like a 8 way connector at the top of the pole the cable goes in to.

Is this becase someone has ordered FTTP (we are on demand on our cab) and is 8 way only for one house or is this able to supply all 6 of the houses on that pole? I would be really interested because my FTTC is really poor (only get 13Mb/500Kb) but have baulked at the high prices for FTTPOD offerings.

Anyone seen this before? Should I be hopeful or just carry on with my pathetic connection.?

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Fibre has suddenly appeared on my pole

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Everything Else.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre has suddenly appeared on my pole

Hi Jerrybot, we'd not be able to find out any more than you could about that I'm afraid but it would be a good idea to check your number here if you haven't already: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team