Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade and Line Rental Query

catevary
Hooked

Fibre Upgrade and Line Rental Query

Hello,

I have a 2.5 part question about upgrading (or rather re-contracting to a fibre):

1. If I still have several months left on my pre-paid 1 year line rental for broadband I am currently contracted with plus.net, will that carry over for fibre? As in, will I be exempt from having to pay the 'line rental' cost of the newly contracted fibre connection.

1-1. If this is not possible (maybe the 'line rental' for broadband and fibre broadband are different?) will I just lose those several months of line rental I already paid?

2. How much of the current deals that are in offer at the moment (Fibre Extra £25.99pm, Fibre, £22.99pm) would constitute the line rental? - so if the answer to my question 1, is a YES, then how much will the aforementioned deals cost me? (on top of what I already paid for line rental)

I hope my questions made sense.

Thank you.

Regards,

David

1 REPLY 1
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Fibre Upgrade and Line Rental Query

Line rental for Broadband and Fibre is the same and is currently £20.29/month I believe.

Your pre-paid line rental should carry forward if you upgrade to Fibre, as in you won't have to pay line rental until it expires.

Best thing is to call Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 and see what deal they can offer to upgrade to Fibre. They should discuss the advance line rental and advise what the cost will be both before and after the pre paid line rental expires.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.