cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast reaching CGI space bandwidth limit! Help!

Vega
Rising Star

Fast reaching CGI space bandwidth limit! Help!

Please help, I am fast approaching my monthly bandwidth limit (and probably my daily limit if there is one!)
I'm on Fibre unlimited and the issue is on my cgi space (hosting.plus.net). I've already had my standard webspace archived by the abuse team as some of the images were on that space (which I have now relocated). I don't want the same happening to my cgi space.
Due to the nature of the site I have created (about the upcoming solar eclipse this week), page visits have sky rocketed! Which is nice but I don't want the site to be suspended by eclipse day (this Friday). Does anyone know if there is an option to pay a one-off fee for additional Bandwidth per GB?
The support lines are very busy at the mo so I'm resorting to the forum in the hope that a kind PS member may respond.
Regards
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Fast reaching CGI space bandwidth limit! Help!

Your CGI webspace shouldn't be automatically archived in the event it exceeds bandwidth.
Keep an eye on it though, and if it starts getting excessively beyond the limit then give me a nudge and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Vega
Rising Star

Thanks Bob, much appreciated
As of yesterday's usage it was at 4000Mb out of 5120Mb limit. However, I'm averaging 32,000 page visits per day with a bandwidth use of 400Mb per day. This will no doubt spike even more in the coming days as news reports begin for the eclipse.
As long as it wont get suspended this week, or if it does its just a click of a button. It could be disastrous if its suddenly closed during the eclipse itself.
Many thanks for your help
Regards
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Do you have a local backup of your site/databases?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Vega
Rising Star

Hi Bob
Not a recent one. I could do with some advice on the easiest method considering I use Wordpress and MySQL. I used to backup via phpmyadmin. Is this still the best method?
[UPDATE] I've just done an export via myphpadmin in SQL format with just all the default settings (see attached) but it would be good to know if this file format and the default settings are best.
Regards
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Vega
Not a recent one. I could do with some advice on the easiest method considering I use Wordpress and MySQL. I used to backup via phpmyadmin. Is this still the best method?

There's some guidance in the post from spraxyt here. An (arguably simpler) alternative would be to use something like Adminer.
If you check your disk space/usage quota again then you should be pleasantly surprised Wink
I don't think I've broken anything in the process, however keep your eye on things and nudge me if you find anything's out of place.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Vega
Rising Star

Sorry for the late reply but I cant thank you enough Bob.  Wink