cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Log-In & Cookie Domain

Negger
Dabbler

Failed Log-In & Cookie Domain

I've loaded a FAQ script to the ccgi server (see previous post: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88894.0.html )
After initially having problems accessing it, by amending the pathway in a config.php file, that now works. However, once I got that to work, I have since been unable to access the admin section of the script! (I WAS able to access this previously)
From a FAQ source I have been able to identify the following:
Cause:Hostname for virtual host defined in configuration of HTTP server does not match the hostname used to access the site (and used in cookiedomain).
Solution: (1)use hostname defined in the configuration of your HTTP server to access the admin interface,
(2)add a virtual host for the desired hostname or
(3) insert this line:          Code:$cookiedomain="<desired domain>";      in config.php.

I've no idea what 1 & 2 are about, but despite entering :$cookiedomain=".ccgi.myusername.plus.com"; (as well as every other permutation of url/pathway I could think of)for (3), I am still not being allowed to access the admin area. (I simply get a "Log-In Failed" message rather than a server error message)
Can anyone tell me if I've got the wrong syntax for the "$cookiedomain" and/or are the cookies stored somewhere else, or can anyone suggest any other avenue to try to gain access to Admin ?
(Admin Log-In uses the same username and password as supplied by Plusnet for the cgi server)
Any help would be much appreciated!