cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Issues

shalom2010
Grafter

Facebook Issues

This has only been an issue from two hours ago. I have tried four browsers plus my brother's PC, who is also on Plusnet. 

None of my Facebook groups are loading and I am unable to post anything! The message space is a blank space! Using both my mobile phone on Three plus the Windows 10 Facebook app, pages working fine. Never seen this issue before.

I've seen that a few days ago (on this forum) there was an issue about Facebook. Can anyone else please check to see if they can load groups okay?

13 REPLIES 13
shalom2010
Grafter

Re: Facebook Issues

50 views and no reply. Does no one use Facebook?
semitone440
Dabbler

Same thing is happening here - Facebook groups stopped loading at some point during the day. Everything else appears to be working normally.

shalom2010
Grafter

Thank you...at last someone had replied 😀 Anyone else. Maybe someone from Plusnet could respond?
shalom2010
Grafter

81 views & 1 reply=dead forum. Come on, someone else!
shalom2010
Grafter

Working Now

semitone440
Dabbler

And back working here too.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Part of the reason for lack of replies might be because it wasn't affecting everyone (or maybe only very few people).  I was on Facebook quite a lot yesterday daytime and evening on an iPhone and an iPad.  My wife was on it a lot yesterday evening on a Android phone, and neither of us had any problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi Guys,

Firstly thank you for providing us with so much detail, it's really handy and helps us investigate and hunt down if and where a problem may be.

Whilst we look into this can I ask you to look here  and advise us if the symptoms seem similar? 

Did you hit the report a problem link on Facebook? 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
semitone440
Dabbler

Yes, the symptoms were very similar to those described in that Facebook community page from about a year ago. I've not experienced the problem before and everything is now back to normal. I didn't attempt to report the problem to Facebook as it was only a minor short-lived inconvenience. Might Facebook have imposed temporary restrictions on a block of IP addresses, I wonder?  

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I'm not sure what it could be, we've investigated to see if your account shares any commonalities (same exchange/point of presence) as other impacted users in this thread but there's nothing linking you two at the moment. Without more information there's very little else we can do I'm afraid. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@JonoH wrote:

Whilst we look into this can I ask you to look here  and advise us if the symptoms seem similar? 

I clicked the link (just to see what it generated) and got this response.  Just flagging up here in case anyone else might be thinking of doing the same.

20180629-facebook-phishing-2209.jpg

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Penny That's strange - I clicked that link yesterday, and had no warning from Avast.Huh

John
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

random 😕

I clicked it again, yesterday - and got the same outcome, so disinclined to try again Smiley

Hopefully someone will have reported it to FB and got it fixed, anyway.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.