Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP

DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

FTTP

I am coming to the end of my current Contract with Plusnet, I am currently looking at FTTP Full Fibre to the Property with BT. It is available at my address but I don't really want to move to BT or TalkTalk.

Is Plusnet planning to offer FTTP anytime soon, I do want to move on to FTTP but I am not willing to sign up to another 18 month Contract with Plusnet if they are not going to offer this service soon.

I like Plusnet but I have been disappointed firstly with not ever getting the full speed for my line always around 50 to 56mbs never up to the 70mbs, then the TV service being withdrawn as well was a real blow.

17 REPLIES 17
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP

@DaveCW 

A senior PlusNet staffie gave an interview earlier this year which stated FTTP would be offered later in the year. There is also a rumoured new router in the works.

However until (or unless) an official announcement is made there's nothing else to speak of.

However, it's believed that should you signup for BT FTTP then any early termination fees would be waived by PlusNet (don't quote me on this).

Brian

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Clangers
Dabbler

Any news on the Plusnet FTTP launch? Contract up in the next couple of months when I will be moving to FTTP. I would prefer to stay with Plusnet but if they keep pushing back the FTTP launch then I'll go somewhere else. What's the big hold up? Customers will be leaving in droves for FTTP elsewhere unless they get on board soon.

bmc
Hero

@Clangers 

It could be getting the back office systems set up. Staff training. Or, given the way things are at the moment, a shortage of new routers for the service due to the "chip" problems.

You won't hear anything from PlusNet until (or if!) they make the official announcement.

Brian

Clangers
Dabbler

You would have thought they would have a clearer idea by now given that they have been promising FTTP since April. First it was a summer launch, then Autumn/Later in the year, whatever that means, now we simply have no idea. I suspect they will be aiming for the Black Friday deals which start mid-Nov, if not then I don't think it will happen this year. 

Not a huge deal for me, I would like to stay with Plusnet, but if they can't roll out a product that they promised 6 months ago it doesn't inspire confidence and there are probably more serious issues under the surface. Time will tell ...

cochin007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

even mine is in testing phase.. So mostly it will be full by this month and so moving out of plusnet

bmc
Hero

@cochin007

Testing doesn't take long unless they find a problem. I'd start keeping an eye on availability checkers!!!

Brian

bmc
Hero

@Clangers 

The last official work was in late April in an ISPReview news article. If was slated as "a little later than summer"

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/04/broadband-isp-plusnet-uk-predicted-to-launch-fttp-this...

Brian

pint
Aspiring Pro

It could be a case of seeing what comes from Openreaches so called project equinox

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/09/rivals-sigh-as-ofcom-clear-openreach-fttp-broadband-pr...

Clangers
Dabbler

The new offer from Openreach only knocks £2 off a 115MB FTTP monthly contract, which currently sits around £30-£40 for most ISPs, which is far more expensive than ADSL/FTTC. I think it will need to be far more competitively priced, e.g. £20-£25 to make the major shift to FTTP that Openreach are looking for.   

cochin007
Grafter

zen and some other company which i found in openreach list starts allowing booking but BT site fails and says please try again later. The cheapest is vodafone i think which is disabled.. 

This isp i got from openreach is not there on normal search. I think all networks will be 300 initially under testing for some days.

Thank you for your enquiry about Aquiss Full Fibre FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) services.

I have carried out a full check against the address you have supplied and I'm delighted to say that our Full Fibre FTTP services will be available at your property very soon. The network is currently in final testing, but orders and early appointments are now being accepted. Currently a maximum speed of 330Mbps is reportedly being offered by Openreach in your area. This is not unusual in new planned areas as this is often used by Openreach to manage early demand, but is subject to increase within a short period of time.

cochin007
Grafter

really the news says it will be about 22 pounds and rest of isp are crying because of this price drop... But in last 3 days i didnt see any drop in prices

bmc
Hero

@cochin007 

Use the following to check when FTTP becomes available at your address. You need to see WBC FTTP in the left hand column and "Available" to the right. There will be a further narrative about FTTP below the results window.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Once it's showing as available then start checking ISP's to see what they offer. Most mainstram ISP's now do FTTP (I believe). Remember if you're in contract with PlusNet early termination fees have known to be waived if moving to BT or EE.

Brian

bmc
Hero

@cochin007 wrote:

really the news says it will be about 22 pounds and rest of isp are crying because of this price drop... But in last 3 days i didnt see any drop in prices

Remember that OpenReach will be showing Wholesale prices - ISP's add their margin and VAT to get their Retail price.

Also, I believe one of the conditions of the Discount is that ISP's make serious use of FTTP (I can't remember the exact wording). As such, it could be a while before any discount's are received by the ISP, Until they know what's the relative stable situation is they are unlikely to offer cheaper prices (apart from the usual new customer offers.

Brian