Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

FTTP

There are now CBT units fixed to the pole outside my house - this was done over the last few weeks.
The Openreach checker shows that FTTP is not yet available in this area (tiny village near the Ramsey Mereside exchange). Dunno if this is a pre-emptive install before the "great voip changover of 2025" or if FTTP will be available sooner than 4 years time.
The question is --- when are Pusnet going to start offering FTTP deals? Real soon now? or in 2025??? 🙂
17 REPLIES 17
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro

Re: FTTP

Double checking the Openreach Broadband Availability checker shows (in the top section) under the blue headlines that FTTP is available at 330 down...... etc...
But in the notes at the bottom says "not a fibre priority exchange" and "FTTP not available".
A very mixed message 🙂
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Double checking the Openreach Broadband Availability checker shows (in the top section) under the blue headlines that FTTP is available at 330 down...... etc...

@Bogbody

Does it say 'FTTP on demand' or WBC FTTP ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Bogbody 

Plusnet have intimidated that they will start offering WBC FTTP around the end of the year. In the meantime they will not apply cancellation charges if you transfer to EE or BT to get this service.

Obviously Openreach have to bring it on line in your area first.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro

It only says thats it's "available" so its not then..... I'll put a note in my diary to chase them up in 2024 🙂
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Bogbody You haven't said what the checker shows as available I suspect it will be FTTPoD or FTTP on demand which will cost about £10K to £30K or more to install and monthly payments of £300 or so. If that is really what you want, go for it.😅

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@Bogbody 

Plusnet have intimidated

I'm not scared! 😀

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro

So not available then - a litle plain Anglais in the description would help, clarifiing the real meaning of "available" .... 🙂
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Have you taken any notice of the replies to you in this thread or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

The checker is telling you FTTP on Demand is available but it is very expensive so ignore that.

Openreach have installed FTTP equipment on the poles in your area this will be for WBC FTTP but the installation is not completed yet but in a few weeks or months WBC FTTP will be available, only Openreach will know when that will happen.

When it is available to order you may or may not be able to get it from Plusnet who are saying that they will offer it later this year.

I see no problem with the meaning of available. It just isn't available yet but will be and a long time before 2025.🙄

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Bogbody 

IMO, the information given is clear, provided you realise that FTTP and FTTPoD (on Demand) are two different products.  You can't expect a full description of the two to be given in the small space available in the table.

As you've observed that a CBT (but you mentioned plural 'CBT units' ?) has recently been installed on your pole, although not impossible, I doubt very much whether you'll have to wait until 2025 for FTTP to be made available to you.  The installation may have been done as part of the general FTTP roll-out, or possibly one of your neighbours has ordered FTTPoD which will make FTTP available to you as a result.

Either way it's worth regularly looking at the availability checker, especially if you see further work taking place.  Smiley

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro

Oh dear .....
Sense of Humour Failure Alert ..... 🙂
BT obviously have different meanings for "available" ... publicly available at a reasonable cost is obviously not the "Available" noted in the exchange status.
My inocent question has been totaly misunderstood not helped by the brevity of information and the different meanings of "available" in BT-speak.
Hey .... lighten-up all of you, not everyone speaks BT or realises that BT have different types of "available".
My final comment on this. 🙂
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Bogbody wrote:
Oh dear .....
Sense of Humour Failure Alert .....

@Bogbody 

You said earlier in the thread (my bold) ...

@Bogbody wrote:

... when clearly it wasn't, so you failed to be accurate in your so-called 'quote', as it was in fact FTTPoD that was available, so unfortunately the joke's on you.  Funny

Edit: bolding

PS:

@Bogbody wrote:

... not everyone speaks BT or realises that BT have different types of "available".

Not so much different types of "available" but different types of FTTP Wink

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Jonpe wrote:

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@Bogbody 

Plusnet have intimidated

I'm not scared! 😀

Damned predictive text! 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

From my ocation it took 11 months from the date when i noticed works on the poles - that is cable hanging down and yellow "caution fibre overhead" labels   to fttp becoming available.

The reasons why I've not jumped oonto it are, the openreach 40/10 fttc copper vdsl package is fast enough, and FTTP real fibre is expensive so i would be paying alot more for something that i have no need for.

The only fly in the ointment is that i am in, or will be in a copper stop sell area