Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP problems

jaythe0ne
Grafter

FTP problems

I'm having trouble logging into my webspace using CuteFTP or SmartFTP
I'm logging into
ftp.plus.net and using my normal plus.net username and password but getting a valiudation failure.
Please help
7 REPLIES 7
samuria
Grafter

Re: FTP problems

try logging into 212.159.9.131 and use your username and password.
Make sure you only us the first part of your username not user@plus.net
I assume yours is jaythe0ne remember its case sensitive for name and password
jaythe0ne
Grafter

Still doesn't work, i've managed to log onto ccgi.jaythe0ne.plus.com using my plus.net username and password, but still can't log onto ftp.plus.net
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To get to ftp  the address is ftp://username@ftp.plus.net is this what you are using.
jaythe0ne
Grafter

its almost as if the webspace doesn't exhist, i've activated Cgi and PHP on my account, i've registered a domain name with PN. I can log onto the CGI server, i just can't ftp my webspace. i keep on getting a validation error.
hulls
Grafter

I know this is probably a daft question.  Are you ftping to the Htdocs folder? The ftp address would then be:
ftp://username@ftp.plus.net/htdocs
At least that's how it works on Free-online. Grin
John
jaythe0ne
Grafter

PN answered my ticket, in a speedy fashion i have to say  :), they said it was a known issue at the moment that they were haveing password issues, i havbe set a new password and it all works fine now
Merrick
Grafter

i have a similar problem.
when using filezilla my first log in atempted works and i can browse to my forum directory, then when i try to browse one folder lower i get disconected
when i reconnect i can browse as far as the 3 teir then get disconnected again
log back in and i can get to the forth tier........
its very frustrating, i spent 20 mins last night just trying to get to the second teir as it kept kicking me so i couldn't upload the files i wanted.
does the ccgi webspace have some manic time out on it? filezilla always says a "time out detected" as the cause of the disconection.