cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP disconnection all the time

absolutz
Dabbler

FTP disconnection all the time

Has anyone else got this problem? I log on to my ftp space and get disconnected more or less immediately, some folders show up as empty although I know they are not and at the moment not even the root shows up...
Christoph
6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: FTP disconnection all the time

FTP to ccgi or www webspace?
If www try ftp2.plus.net which is an alternate FTP server which may be more compatible with your FTP client.
Have you also tried the DOS FTP client to see if that does the same thing? start -> run -> cmd then enter ftp ftp.plus.net (for www) in the DOS box.
absolutz
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.
Quote from: Peter
FTP to ccgi or www webspace?
>sorry, cgi
If www try ftp2.plus.net which is an alternate FTP server which
may be more compatible with your FTP client.
Have you also tried the DOS FTP client to see if that does the same thing? start -> run -> cmd then enter ftp ftp.plus.net (for www) in the DOS box.

>have not tried dos but tried 2 other ftp clients, same result. It's currently a bit better, but it's been really off in the last 2 days. Never had that kind of thing happen before...
Christoph
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Are you running a software firewall other than windows? If so try disabling it for a test to see if that is causing the problems.
ffupi
Grafter

Set your ftp-programme to "active". "Passive" caused a lot of problems in my case.
Merrick
Grafter

i get this a lot as well, very frustrating
im using filezilla
absolutz
Dabbler

OK, some more info
- tried it with or without (non-Windows) firewall, no difference
- I am using Total Commander as my ftp client which has worked fine for years, so doubt it's that. Just in case, have also tried a Firefox plugin called FireFTP or Coreftp - same problems, it not worse
- setting the ftp program to "active" or "passive" does not make any difference
It was OK for about 1/2h last night, tonight it's back to being unusable again. Anyone from plusnet got an asnwer?
Christoph