cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP access to new CGI platform

aenea
Grafter

FTP access to new CGI platform

I have two plusnet accounts (ajreid & dunbarney) both of which have just been migrated to the new CGI platform. I use Dreamweaver for ftp access to both sites and am a bit confused by an apparent discrepancy between to two sites.
For dunbarney, which was the first to be migrated,I have to use the userid ccgi.dunbarney.plus.com and the new ftp password that I set up via the FTP Manager in Control Panel to login via Dreamweaver. With this login I can see the directories above public.
For ajreid, for which I just got the migration complete email today,  am still able to login in Dreamweaver using my old username (ajreid) and password but am not able to login with the new ccgi.ajreid.plus.com. With my old login I cannot see the directories above public.
Can you explain what is going on?
15 REPLIES 15
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FTP access to new CGI platform

From your description I think you will have two separate accounts. You have already established you can login to the Control panel and set a master FTP password for the dunxxx… account. Then use Dreamweaver FTP to access files.
I would also expect you to be able to carry out the same operations on your second ajr… account. That is login to the Control Panel using ccgi.ajr….plus.com (with the temporary password from its email), change that password, login and set its master FTP password. Then use Dreamweaver FTP with the ccgi.ajr….plus.com username and master password to access its files.
I think the reason you can't do this at the moment is that, whilst DNS has switched to Hostopia for your dunxxx… account it hasn't for the ajr… account. The "completed" email looks to be a little premature. Hopefully DNS will switch soon. Smiley
David
David
aenea
Grafter

OK. I thought it might be something like that. I'll wait a bit then try again to access the ajreid account via the new ccgi login.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: aenea
For ajreid, for which I just got the migration complete email today,  am still able to login in Dreamweaver using my old username (ajreid) and password but am not able to login with the new ccgi.ajreid.plus.com. With my old login I cannot see the directories above public.

Sorry about this. Turns out the DNS records weren't changed when we sent the last batch of welcome emails out (~250). This means the ajreid account will still have been pointing at Plusnet. We corrected this a couple of hours ago so all should be well before long.
C:\Windows\System32>nslookup ccgi.ajreid.plus.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ccgi.plus.net
Address:  84.92.1.4
Aliases:  ccgi.ajreid.plus.com

As soon as that IP changes to 91.136.8.9 you should be good to go.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: Bob
As soon as that IP changes to 91.136.8.9 you should be good to go.

The DNS switch has been made now. Smiley
C:\>nslookup ccgi.ajreid.plus.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ccgi.ajreid.plus.com
Address:  91.136.8.9
David
stuck
Rising Star

To upload stuff to the old CGIplatform I used CoreFTP and had to provide:
1) Host  / IP / URL, which was: cshell.plus.net
2) Username, which was: myusername (ie.e the bit of my email address between the @ and .plus.com)
3) Password, which was: ********* (OK so it wasn't really *****)
What are the equivalent data I need to enter to FTP into the new CGI platform?
Thanks,
stuck
bridgesystems
Dabbler

I'd like the same info as STUCK please... very useful question.
STUCK I'm using the FTPManger within https://hosting.plus.net/portal which allows you to upload/edit files on your site in the meamtime
bridgesystems
Dabbler

FTP access details to new CGI platform

To upload stuff to the old CGIplatform I had to provide:
1) Host / IP / URL, which was: cshell.plus.net
2) Username, which was: myusername (ie.e the bit of my email address between the @ and .plus.com)
3) Password, which was: ********* (OK so it wasn't really *****)
I've logged into FTP Manager and created a user / set password but it does not work.
What are the equivalent data I need to enter to FTP into the new CGI platform?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Re: FTP access details to new CGI platform

Rather than creating a directory user, try going into FTP Manager and setting a master FTP password (bottom left of the screen).
Then in your FTP client set both username and hostname to your domain name (ie ccgi.myusername.plus.com) with the master password you've just defined. That should give FTP access to all directories. Smiley
David
David
stuck
Rising Star

Quote from: bridgesystems
...I'm using the FTPManger within https://hosting.plus.net/portal which allows you to upload/edit files on your site in the meamtime

I think you mean File Manager.
The FTP Manager is a different utility that allows you to creates users that can then have FTP access to defined directories.  What I want is unlimited FTP access.  Within the FTP Manager there is an option to create a master password and I have done that but it hasn't helped me connect using CoreFTP.
stuck
stuck
Rising Star

Re: FTP access details to new CGI platform

Please can you combine this short thread with this one:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124049.0.html
From the look of it this one was created in error when the OP was trying to reply to my question at reply #5 of that thread.
Thanks,
stuck
spraxyt
Resting Legend

When you tried to login with FTP did you set both username and hostname to your domain name, ie ccgi.myusername.plus.com? Password as set for the master password in FTP Manager.
David
David
stuck
Rising Star

I did but got an error about invalid password.  HOWEVER, that was a couple of hours ago and trying again now it works!
Perhaps it's just me but that's the second time I've encountered a considerable lag between setting a password and the system then letting me use it.  Last night I was able to use the initial password in the setup email but it wasn't until this morning that I could use it and actually log in.  Now I create a master FTP password and it was several hours before it allows FTP access.
stuck
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

threads merged as suggested
stuck
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
threads merged as suggested