Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP access to homepages slow

gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

FTP access to homepages slow

Last 2 days I am having problems with slow FTP access to my PN hosted website. My weather station uploads are failing at times as a result, leaving me with a .tmp file that I have to manually delete. (The file gets sent up with a .tmp suffix and then is renamed, but the slowness of the FTP or whatever is stopping this from happening.
I have rebooted the router etc, but the problem keeps recurring. I did go through a spell like this months ago, but it has been very reliable until yesterday (Sunday).
Maybe I need to look for a better host?
3 REPLIES 3
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Re: FTP access to homepages slow

I have raised a question with PlusNet support team now.
The problem with poor FTP access to my webspace on Plusnet continues, something is wrong.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Hmmm, The reason I cross posted to the broadband forum was because I assumed I had posted in the wrong place as there was no replies. (Sorry it was frustration).
Anyway, I still have a problem with the PlusNet webspace with FTP, though support think it is frequent disconnections that has affected upload speed. Not the case, upload and download speed are fine with Speedtest and pingtest. The disconnections they saw are probably as a result of me restarting the router to try and get things going properly.
I suspect server overload on the PlusNet server more than anything. I will refrain from restarting the router and see if support continue to log disconnects. I see no sign of any problems in my router log here. I am having no other speed issues or slow access to other sites, just FTP to my PN webspace is horrid (intermittently).
gm4jjj
Rising Star

All is OK again - something has clearly fixed itself Huh