Did you mean: 

FTP access for CCGI Webspace

FIXED
UncleZen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

FTP access for CCGI Webspace

Im in a bit of a pickle.

I rebuilt my PC and didnt take a backup of my FTP credentials.

Well strictly speaking I have a backup but I have no idea where to look to find the site settings files for CoreFTP

So I was wondering how I could find them out?

The webspace is: http://ccgi.unclezen.plus.com/ username: unclezen

Any pointers anyone?

4 REPLIES 4
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: FTP access for CCGI Webspace

@UncleZen wrote: I rebuilt my PC and didnt take a backup of my FTP credentials.

Well strictly speaking I have a backup but I have no idea where to look to find the site settings files for CoreFTP

So I was wondering how I could find them out?

Not entirely sure I've understood the question here 😕  but walked a similar path a few weeks back after a hard drive crash and it was the ftp settings for cgi that took a while to figure out.

Turned out to be relatively straightforward, though the HappyChild site is on Force9 rather than PlusNet so (I assume) you'd need to swap out that aspect of the bit after the username.

What I used was ccgi.username.force9.co.uk (so assume the PN equivalent would be ccgi.username.plus.net perhaps). Not sure why it's ccgi not cgi, but iirc that was down to a historical change long back when servers changed and the login became ccgi not cgi.

Hope this helps, anyway - if it doesn't, no doubt someone more technically-minded will be able to answer this.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@UncleZen  Is it the Global Settings file described here http://www.coreftp.com/server/help/server_global_settings.htm you are looking for?

David
UncleZen
Rising Star

Fix

After a bit more detective work, it turns out that my CoreFTP wasnt working at all. I uninstalled & reinstalled and it still didnt work. So I tried FileZilla and it worked first time and I managed to get onto 2 websites, but ran out of time to try PN, so I'll give that a whirl tonight. I now think I know what the credentials are.

UncleZen
Rising Star

I can confirm that I can now access the PN webspace.