cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Problem

Dabbler

Re: unhappy

Hi Bob, many thanks for your help. I removed the suffix & entered the dot prefix. However once I'd uploaded the pages using Filezilla FTP, all of my pages were password protected. Can you explain to a novice how I can protect just one page and how i can get to the password box that I created about 8 years ago. I don't really understand HTML.I built the site using a WizzyWig program. Believe it or not, it's the old Microsoft 'Front Page' but bit still works. I had a link going from my home page to the protected page but I've had to take this down. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I've forgotten so much since i built the site. If i remember rightly it was someone from your team that helped me put in the protected page in the first place.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mick

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 158

If you only want to protect a single file, then you need to modify the .htaccess file to specify a particular file/page, e.g:-

<files "protected-page.html">
require valid-user
</files>

Otherwise, it's likely to apply to everything in the directory. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Dabbler

Hi Bob,

many thanks for your help. Where do I enter this line. I'm using a wizzywig program (with a HTML link). I'm an amateur, be gentle on me.