Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Password

FIXED
bigade
Hooked

FTP Password

Hi. My FTP login for my free webspace isn't accepting my current Plusnet account login password. How do I rectify this?

18 REPLIES 18
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: FTP Password

Fix

Thank you for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of this issue and for the inconvenience this issue is undoubtedly causing.

We've raised the issue to our Network Operations team and we'd now expect an update within the next 1-2 working days.

As soon as we receive an update, we'll be in touch directly.

busybees
Dabbler

Hi Bigade !

Have had trouble aslo with my FTP albight it being  'Filezilla' . Installed on second computer - no luck. Installed on laptop and plugged into my son-in-law server - not Plusnet. - no luck

My son who works in IT for a big company in Edinburgh,  phoned this evening and I mentioned the problem to him.  Ahhh, he said there have been a lot of problems in this area.
Microsoft has released security updates to address a remote code execution vulnerability (CVE-2019-0708) in Remote Desktop Services ... patch about the same time as my Filezilla refused to work ... which has cause many FTPs to malfunction. ??????

If Plusnet has installed this update ... could bee the problem Huh

John

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @busybees,

Please could you advise what error code, if any, you're receiving?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
busybees
Dabbler

Good evening ... 'TheMightyAJ'

Error message ...

510 Mismatch. Your IP is 194.75.0.218, bje-hf-a-cbi

And

Certificates telling me of mismatch and not in my name.

Just written the above and having exchanged emails over the last couple of days with my web server of my problems ... thought I would try Filezilla one more time ... and blow me - Filezilla is now full operational !

Be good

Busybees

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

That's great to hear @busybees!

Thanks for letting us know Smiley

bigade
Hooked

Still not accepting password. Problem not fixed, hit link in error

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @bigade

Can you advise what error message you are receiving?

Just a suggestion in the meantime, @busybees got in touch with his webserver provider and although he didn't disclose any information relating to a fix on their side it may be worth dropping an email to your webspace provider if you can. They might have some further input.

bigade
Hooked

Hi. Password isn't being accepted.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @bigade,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry its still not working for you, as @Optimatts said have you tried speaking with your web-server provider?

Thanks.

bigade
Hooked

Plusnet Internet, Plusnet Webspace, Plusnet Connection, Plusnet Help Forum. Am I in the wrong place?

bigade
Hooked

Decided to speak to Plusnet.. being investigated.

busybees
Dabbler

Evening Optimats

Last email I received from my web server was ... relating to   "although he didn't disclose any information relating to a fix on their side"

I've checked the FTP logs and can see only one connection. This probably means that you were using incorrect methods when logging in beforehand. It might have been your credentials or even a small spelling mistake on your hostname.

Nevertheless, I'm more than happy to know that everything is currently working. Please do feel free, to let us know, should any further assistance be required.

Thier response is a load of bull 'sh-one-t' .... I have been using the same settings for the last 6 years without any problems ... and am still using those same settings.  They have made visible/opened up the whole of my 'File Manager' settings from my cPanel - now being shown in 'Filezilla',  and not just the ...  /public_html.. so they must have tweeked something ?

Bee good

Busybees

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @bigade, thanks for getting back to us.

I can see this has been raised to be investigated by our network admin team. They may need to reset your password.

We'll need your consent to do this before we proceed. Can you login and reply to this ticket HERE and confirm you're happy for them to do this.

When you have replied to the ticket, let us know here on the forums and we'll progress things further.

@busybees, you're right about that message. It doesn't provide anything conclusive to go from. Nonetheless, thanks for your input.

bigade
Hooked

I have replied to ticket