cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP - Force9 Access

Therapy7
Hooked

FTP - Force9 Access

Hi I seem to have an issue accessing my force9 account ftp site to update files, could you confirm that my password would be the same as the login to this site and my normal account, ie., are they synchronized..?

I've been trying FileZilla & CuteFTP but cannot access my files using either, I keep getting the credential prompt are the below details correct..?

FTP server: homepages.force9.net
Username: Your account login
Password: Your account password

Should homepages.f9.net or ftp.force9.net be used?

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: FTP - Force9 Access

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Therapy7 wrote:

Should homepages.f9.net or ftp.force9.net be used?

@Therapy7 

I just tried logging in to homepages via Flash FXP https://www.flashfxp.com/ (costs $29.95 for lifetime use, personal, but they do a free month's trial I believe) and access was immediate (have used Flash FXP for over 10 years now, has been trouble-free, and the software works really well).

The address I used for homepages was/is homepages.force9.net .

Hope this helps : )

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

I use FileZilla client. FTP server is :  ftp.force9.net  You’ll need the F9 username & password

Therapy7
Hooked

Hi thanks for your replies I've tried both ftp.force9.net and homepages.force9.net using both CuteFTP & Filezilla and am still experiencing connection issues, What is the process for getting password for my FTP access reset as I can obviously log into this site and my F9 account so the passwords are not the same and thus not synced..?

Therapy7
Hooked

Thanks for your reply, I've now also tried FlashFXP as well as CuteFTP & Filezilla but still no joy with either ftp.force9.net and homepages.force9.net. I can only assume my pw is not the same as for my normal account and the sync is not working if that is supposed to happen. How would you go about getting your FTP access pw reset..?

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Just checked my settings and It should be the same username & password you use to access the members centre.  If you log into the members centre under manage account, manage your web space, standard web space there are details of your web space settings and access....

Therapy7
Hooked

Hi yes this is where I started, is the account name case sensitive, as it shows as all lowercase here but when I login to the members area etc. it's start with a capital.!

• FTP server: homepages.force9.net
  • Username: Your User Name
  • Password: Your account password
  • Sub-directory: htdocs (upload files to this folder)

I've tried various combinations but still cannot access my FTP site via CuteFTP, Filezilla etc,., The 'Your Webspace' area just gives details but no method of resetting a password.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Use exactly the same login used for the members area.Capitals and lowercase. Have you any non alphanumerical characters in your password ? If needed I’ll check my FileZilla & cuteftp settings for you tomorrow.

Therapy7
Hooked

Hi yes I've also tried that using both the uppercase and lowercase version of my pw that I use to access the members area with no issues, which only contains upper, lower & numerical characters and no special ones. I get the below when trying to connect, and can only think my pw for the members area and pw for ftp access are not the same or synced. Below is what Filezilla shows if any use..

Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

I’ll check my settings for you tomorrow but you may be right. Consider calling the Helpdesk....

Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Filezilla config :

FZ01.pngFZ02.png

Therapy7
Hooked

Thanks for the info I've replicated with my settings in Filezilla so I think this pretty much confirms the issue is with my password not being the same as the one I use to access the normal members area, as I'm still getting '530 login incorrect'. I'll have to get hold of support as see if it can be reset, thanks again for your time and info you provided.