Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOYAS Webstat error (again) ...

kaspencer
Rising Star

FOYAS Webstat error (again) ...

Good morning.

There seem to be no new webstat log files generated today. Am I right - I cannot see any.

Naturally we cannot retrieve our stats until the files appear.

Maybe this is an FOYAS (failure of yet another script) problem, quite possibly related to the daylight saving time change?

Can we have the data asap, please? Keep us happy eh!

Kenneth Spencer

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FOYAS Webstat error (again) ...

@kaspencer Yes, mine are missing too. Did you receive any yesterday? I didn't but that occasionally happens..

David
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@kaspencer wrote:

There seem to be no new webstat log files generated today. Am I right - I cannot see any.

Maybe this is an FOYAS (failure of yet another script) problem, quite possibly related to the daylight saving time change?

No, or rather yes, you're right, no stats today - however there weren't any (here) yesterday either.  I'd seen that and would have posted something here, however had to go out and ended up being back not long before midnight, by which time it was beyond academic in terms of raising it.

I'd probably have added something to the previous Webstats thread here given that the last time it failed was so recently; additionally there's the double-check factor mentioned by @JonoH here ( 25/01/18 😞

The script is checked everyday but looked to be completing normally, that's why we didn't notice. The next process is where we fell down, we weren't publishing the data. We've now added monitoring of this process to the workflow to reduce chances of this going unnoticed again.

... so ideally there might be some explanation of how both checks failed, but the priority should be for someone to try to restore the stats for both missing days (data of 23/03/18 and 24/03/18 ).

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks for confirmation. I've escalated the problem.

David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

We've raised this for investigation

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kdiment
Rising Star

I thought it looked as though the webstats for both 23rd and 24th March were missing but those for 24th did eventually appear, late in the evening of 25th. Those for 25th appeared as usual this morning, so it seems that it is just those for 23rd which we shall never see.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Really sorry that this has happened again, no idea what's caused it as of yet as although we've raised it with our incident management team the number of users it affects means that it's priority is low.

As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager