cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive renewal offer - website loop

Pateraa
Dabbler

Exclusive renewal offer - website loop

My account shows an offer to renew but I can’t progress it to see the total cost as I’m forced back to my main account page (yesterday it was a 404 error so some progress, I suppose).  Would evening and weekend call plan be any cheaper with a new contract?  That’s the bit I can’t see yet, assuming the website ever lets me progress.

20 REPLIES 20
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Exclusive renewal offer - website loop

Thanks for your post @Pateraa 

I’m sorry to see you’re having issues going through the contract tool online.

We’re aware of a problem with renewing your contract online and we got this logged on Saturday (ref: IMT-5464) for investigation. 

Unfortunately we may not see much movement this week due to the festive season but we should be making some progress next week.

Having said that, you’re the second I’ve seen today that aren’t getting a 404 error anymore so that does seem like progress already.

Unless you’ve got an old call plan, the costs for our current call plans can be found Here. It’s not uncommon for us to offer discounts for this although I can’t guarantee that we will do.

If you’d like to discuss this further and/or renew your contract sooner I’d recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 quoting the online offer you’ve been made.

I’m happy to arrange a call back from the team when I’m back in the office on the 2nd.

(Just PM me the best contact number and a rough time when you’ll be free for a call)

I’ll let you know as soon as I know more though. Feel free to post back if there are any developments or if you’ve got any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pateraa
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.  I think I’m on an old call plan as it’s £3.50 but don’t know for sure and don’t know if the offer I got on the phone this morning was as good as might be eventually revealed online.  I do know Plusnet provide John Lewis with their service and it’s cheaper than my exclusive renewal offer but Plusnet won’t price match.

Until the issue is fixed it might be an idea to remove the graphic of the guy laughing at me as I repeatedly and gullibly try to get a renewal quote.  Or at least remove the symbolic “mug” in his hand.😄

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Pateraa 

Our evenings and weekends call plan has gone through quite a few refreshes over the years but if memory serves if it’s £3.50 that was a legacy one just before the current one we offer now ‘Evening and Weekend UK & Mobile Calls’ for £5.

If you’re given the cost for line rental and broadband so far in the online process, the odds are that you may just be offered to stay on the call plan you have for £3.50 or take up one of our current plans or remove it altogether.

Unfortunately many have tried to remove the picture of that lovable guy and many have failed. I don’t think it’s possible... Cheesy He also likes to carry a mug of Yorkshire tea wherever he goes, you never know when he’ll be thirsty for a cuppa.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pateraa
Dabbler

Still not working.  Come on - an ISP that can't get the contract renewal page of its website to work for weeks?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to see that, the problem I raised on this has since been closed as resolved but let me look into this again for you tomorrow when I'm back in the office. If needed would you be happy for somebody to call you back to renew?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pateraa
Dabbler

I'd prefer to view online, thanks, but dont know if the online price is the same as the price I was quoted over the phone (around 30th December - that's how long I've been trying).  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

What's the initial renewal offer you've seen online? This would normally just be broadband and line rental and you'd add any extra's on top.

I'm happy to make sure the offer you've been made online is honoured over the phone if we do need to arrange this ourselves for you. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pateraa
Dabbler

38E9E7F5-5324-4D05-A7A4-CE04478ED57C.png

£28.99 a month but I also want evening and weekend calls.  I was quoted £32.99 over the phone but don't have an online comparison.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail,

The £28.99 would likely be broken down as £9 broadband and £19.99 line rental. If your call plan costs £3.50 that'd be a total of £32.49.

Let me look into this though tomorrow still

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Pateraa I can't see any issues with your account which would be causing the behaviour you're seeing when you go to renew your contract online. Could you try the following steps to try to get to the bottom of this?

• A different web browser
  • A different device
  • Clear cookies and cache
  • Go into private browsing or incognito mode

Let me know how you get on.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pateraa
Dabbler

Same outcome. Tried 2 PCs, 2 ipads and an iPhone using several browsers, clearing cache and cookies and using private browsing. I'm losing confidence as well as money.

Plusnet Error.JPG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Pateraa 

Could I arrange for someone to call you back to discuss a new deal and put this through from our side?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pateraa
Dabbler

I'd prefer to see the terms of an offer.  Could you arrange for this to be emailed to me?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You'd be read the terms of the offer over the phone and the adviser would email you afterwards too you'd have a cooling off period of 14 days to review and cancel if you were to change your mind.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet