has exceeded its bandwidth allowance.  Because your site has only
gone over the bandwidth limit by a small amount, no action will be
taken.
Your website used 4722 KB OVER its bandwidth transfer
allowance during the the last 24 hours.
You may be interested in upgrading to an account with a higher
bandwidth quota; details of the bandwidth allowances are available
on our website at the following URL:
How do I find out if it was just a glitch or if ithe site is running close to the limit all the time?
My webspace is only a fraction of the allowance and I am paying for the 16gb but downloading less than 8gb each month. Was quite happy to pay the extra £5pm just in case I exceeded the download limit but how much am I going to have to pay in case the website bandwidth is exceeded?
User :graemsay
Mike
4 REPLIES 4
decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: Exceeded bandwidth

This appears to refer to your own website traffic allowance which is typically the same (per day) as the amount of space you have been allocated  (e.g. if you have 250MB webspace, you have 250MB per day website traffic allowance). You cannot PAYG to get more allowance; you need to upgrade to a mor expenive account type
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
jorvikmik
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I have switched webstats on and will keep an eye on it and if it wasn't just a glitch then I'll start looking at all the options though I didn't really want to move from Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

from other peoples experience of this problem, it turned out that they had some thing interesting on their site and google helped out by putting one of then in No 1 position.
To stop people looking at your site seems to be complex involving none HTML extensions - outside my experience
jorvikmik
Grafter

I have been looking at my stats and it seems to have just been a sudden peak so no problem as yet but I am wondering what the long term solution is just to cover all eventualities. As I currently pay £14.99 a month I could go down to the £9.99 a month service quite happily which would give me £60 p.a to pay for a hosting service. Or I could set up my own server as I have a couple of spare computers, both running windows xp and one could happily be dedicated to that use only. I haven't really read much about running ones own server but some folk think it is unsafe. My adsl line is very good and speeds are normally quite high as I am only just over 100 metres from the exchange.
Any advice would be most welcome
Mike