Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing Plusnet Protect

FIXED
ljlopez
Hooked

Error when installing Plusnet Protect

McAfee software installation fails with error: Incomplete installation.

I get two different types of errors, normally when installation percentage is between 70 and 85%:

• "The following components failed to install: SecurityCenter".
  • "The following components failed to install: McAfee Analytics SDK".

I have already tried unsuccessfully all that is listed below.

• Install Windows Updates.
  • Enable the built-in Administrator account.
  • Run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool.
  • Run the McPreInstall tool.
  • Run GetSusp.
  • Run McAfee Stinger.

Can someone help? I´ve been trying for 3 days to get this working. My PC is running on Windows 7 SP1.

13 REPLIES 13
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Error when installing Plusnet Protect

Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're having issues installing Plusnet Protect.

Are you able to try a different computer or laptop to replicate the problem?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ljlopez
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. The installation was successful on a different computer with Windows 10, however it is still failing for the Windows 7 SP1 computer. I have already tried all the following:

• Install Windows Updates.
  • Run MCPR tool to remove any pre-existing McAfee software.
  • Run the Pre-Install tool to confirm the computer is ready for the installation.
  • Run GetSusp and McAfee Stinger to remove any malware or viruses present on the computer.
  • Uninstall old versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and install the latest one.

Is there anything else I can do in order to troubleshoot this problem?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @ljlopez, thanks for getting back to us.

I have to admit - we're at a bit of a loss as to what could be causing the issue although on trawling the web I believe that this link may hold the solution.

Please let us know if the issue isn't resolved, or if this is one of the fixes you've found in your own searches that hasn't worked.

ljlopez
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. No luck with that solution, though. I did have a ModuleCoreService.exe process running and listed on Task Manager, but it was a leftover from a previous installation attempt. As soon as I executed the MCPR tool, that executable disappeared from both Task Manager and the hard drive.

Does McAfee have standalone installers in place for either SecurityCenter or Analytics SDK? If so, I could try to install them separately and maybe the main installer would skip the corresponding steps.

Also, does the installer create any log files during the installation process that could shed some light on where the problem is?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ljlopez, thanks for getting back to me.

With that being the case, the step that we're left with is going to be to arrange for Mcafee support to give you a call to try and resolve this, as I note from other threads that this has been the only step that seems to have assisted.

Do we have your permission to arrange this for you?

ljlopez
Hooked

Yes, please!

Many thanks.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ljlopez, thanks for getting back to me.

Entirely my oversight (apologies!), but we need to have the permission attached to the account and so I've sent you a ticket accessible here.

If you can let us know via this thread when you've responded to the ticket, we'll arrange the call for you ASAP.

ljlopez
Hooked

Apologies for the delay. The ticket you created for me to give permission for arranging a call with McAfee support has closed automatically. Can you please reopen or create a new one? Can this call be made to my Plusnet landline number? Except for tomorrow, any day this week will suit me fine.

Many thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

I've passed this to the relevant team to arrange this and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ljlopez
Hooked

Hi,

As discussed, can you please arrange for Mcafee support to try to assist me with this issue? I had to leave this hanging for a couple of weeks but now it´s again important for me to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi there, sorry that this hasn't been picked up yet.

I've emailed McAfee now to contact you as soon as possible which should be within the next 24 hours.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ljlopez
Hooked

Thank you very much! The guy from McAfee support was very useful and he managed to get Plusnet Protect installed. I believe the main issue had to do with my Windows having the language and region set to Spanish-Spain rather than English-UK.

Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for getting back to us and I'm glad to see that the McAfee technician helped resolve this for you. Thumbs_Up Thanks for posting the solution, I'll bear that in mind in future. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet