Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Joomla Installation

TLE
Grafter

Error on Joomla Installation

Hi Guys,
I am hoping someone here can help me as I am pretty new to this. I am attempting to install Joomla on the ccgi platform. I have uploaded the files and set the folders to 710, the *.php and *.js files to 700 and everything else to 640.
When I run the installation page I get the following error, which doesn't allow me to select next. You can see the error in the attachment.
Could it be that the ccgi platform does not support this version of Joomla which requires minimum of PHP 4.3.10
Any help is appreciated.
TLE.
11 REPLIES 11
TLE
Grafter

Re: Error on Joomla Installation

Does anyone have any suggestions to get around this, or can anyone tell me what version of PHP and MySQL the ccgi system is running?
TLE
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The new platform runs PHP Version 5.2.6. The MySQL API version is 5.0.51a ; the database itself is unchanged from before which I think is MySQL 4.
To help diagnose what the installation script objects to could you post an extract from the index.php file covering the lines where the error occurs?
David
David
Gabe
Grafter

I don't know if it's the immediate cause of your problems, but javascript is run client side, so the server has to treat it as static, so .js files need 640 permissions.
Gabe
TLE
Grafter

Thank you for your replies, I managed to get it goin but have since found other problems which the guys at Joomla seem to think could be caused by corruption from the upload.
How do you unzip a file directly on the server when there is no telnet support? I can't figure this out and wondered if someone could let me know how you do this and the syntax required. They have suggest this as a possible solution.
Thanks
TLE
Gabe
Grafter

At simplest, create a .cgi file such as:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Content-type: text/plain"
echo
unzip joomla.zip

whatever.cgi, placed in the same folder as joomla.zip. Set the cgi script's permissions 0700, and run it from your browser. Or, for .tar.gz:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Content-type: text/plain"
echo
tar -xvvzf joomla.tar.gz

Gabe
Edit: missed a z off the last gz
TLE
Grafter

Thanks for that Gabe. I have tried unzipping the files but I am still getting the same error.
I manually configured the config file and can now get into the administration side, but I am getting the following error.
window.addEvent is not a function
http://ccgi.myusername.plus.com/Joomla/ ... /index.php Line: 14
The guys at Joomla said I should use the following permissions:
All Joomla! directories should be 755
All Joomla! files should be 644 with the exception of configuration.php as previously stated.
The only exceptions to the rule would be the tmp/ log/ directories that may need to be set to 777 in certain situations but that is preferably avoided.
Where as I used Plusnets preffered settings:
All Folders (directories) 710
All Script files (.php .js) 700
All Static files (.htm .html .css .txt .png .jpg .gif) 640

Any ideas as to this new error, have I missed some permissions? I tried using the ones from Joomla but I just got internal server error so I reverted the permissions back.
Thanks
TLE
Gabe
Grafter

Possibly try again with the .js files set to 640. As far as the server's concerned they're not scripts.
Gabe
TLE
Grafter

Thanks for that, I will try.
I have installed Fiddler 2 and it appears I am getting a 403 message back for:
GET /Joomla/media/system/js/mootools.js HTTP/1.1
GET /Joomla/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js HTTP/1.1
GET /~dresser/Joomla/administrator/templates/khepri/js/menu.js HTTP/1.1
GET /~dresser/Joomla/administrator/templates/khepri/js/index.js HTTP/1.1
So this must be a permissions issue with the Javascripts in those locations.
Am I on the right lines?
Gabe
Grafter

Hope so. We'll find out.  Smiley
Gabe
TLE
Grafter

Thank you for all your help Gabe  Wink
I have one final issue which I believe is to do with my htaccess.txt file, then again maybe it's normal.
http://ccgi.username.plus.com/~username/administrator/
Is the above format normal? I have never seen this before '~username' Is it possible to edit the htaccess.txt file to stop this?
Gabe
Grafter

Hi TLE,
Apologies for the delay in replying.
Yes: normal for Norfolk ccgi. The /~username gets added so that your scripts will run as your user. Unfortunately it gets passed through to PHP and ends up in variables used to locate files.
I don't use Joomla, but I have a vanilla test install of 1.5.14, which doesn't sprout /~username in its urls, so I guess that some customization may be at fault. Someone with more specific knowledge of Joomla may be able to add light. It looks like a /~username could cause problems with the way Joomla locates its own files and, if that's the case, it may be worth fixing.
The first thing I'd just try is editing the configuration.php file and insert the url for your site in $live_site:

var $live_site = 'http://ccgi.username.plus.com/joomla';

or without the folder if installed in root.
If that doesn't fix it then you could try running your site through something like <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84267.msg697776.html#msg697776">this wrapper</a>. If you're also using Joomla's own .htaccess rewrites, then the combination would look something like <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84587.msg698319.html#msg698319">this</a>, noting the changes to the rewritebase and rewriterule for Joomla being in a folder.
Gabe