cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when viewing site

noel1
Dabbler

Error message when viewing site

Just uploaded a replacement site to htdocs on the ccgi platform but when trying to view the site get error message: Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]. Any suggestions please?
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Error message when viewing site

The remote directory you need to upload files to on the CGI platform is /public, not /htdocs.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

noel1
Dabbler

Hello Bob
Appreciate your help!
I have moved the website from htdocs into the public folder (it was previously in htdocs within public) but the same message appears - www.vipbroadcasting.co.uk.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You've moved the website into it's own directory under the /public folder. You need to move all of those files into /public
When browsing to your domain, it will look for an index file in /public

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

noel1
Dabbler

Loaded new Wordpress site but it has loaded without content

Bob Pullen - Thanks for your help yesterday in loading new site.
New site loaded but just an empty wordpress site is showing www.vipbroadcasting.co.uk - totally baffling me. I did have the site made for me abroad which looked good on a demo server. Before uploading For security, I removed all the the secret keys in wpconfig but that's all - perhaps I shouldn't have.  There's 131 MB of content uploaded.
Glad for any suggestions.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Loaded new Wordpress site but it has loaded without content

Did you link in the correct database
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's Note.
Topics merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: noel1
New site loaded but just an empty wordpress site is showing www.vipbroadcasting.co.uk - totally baffling me.

There are two elements to your site. The static scripts/html pages (which you've uploaded) and a load of content/data that is stored in SQL database tables (which by the sounds of things, you haven't transferred?). If the database content hasn't been uploaded then that explains why you're seeing a vanilla Wordpress install. All of the prior modifications and content changes are stored in database tables somewhere.
I did have the site made for me abroad which looked good on a demo server.

That demo server will have been talking to an SQL database (the connection details to which will have been in your wpconfig file). Where is that database? Is it your CGI database, or a database hosted elsewhere?
Before uploading For security, I removed all the the secret keys in wpconfig but that's all - perhaps I shouldn't have.  There's 131 MB of content uploaded.

By removing the information in wpconfig, you've broken the database connection. Fixing it depends on where the demo server content lives. You can either point back to that database (assuming it's not temporary?) or you'll need to have the creator of the site export the database content which will then need importing to the CGI SQL server.
Alternative is to start afresh with the vanilla install.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you have access to the site source try loading in Duplicator and use that to transfer it
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/