cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Settings in PAYH, Just the Name and email clients

petefoth

Email Settings in PAYH, Just the Name and email clients

my domain (petefoth.co.uk) is registered with Just The Name
I used to have emails forwarded to my Port995 account (top specific mailboxes, with all other emails forwarded to a GMail account). Now that Port995 has gone, the domain is now hosted by PAYH. I have created the two mailboxes (user1@petefoth.co.uk and user2@petefoth.co.uk) in the PAYH Control Panel, and changed the name servers in JTN from getsurfed.com to payh.co.uk.
So a couple of questions
1: Are there any further changes i need to make in either JTN or PAYH so that email stops bouncing and goes to the specified mailboxes?
2: What happens to emails to other addresses in the petefoth.co.uk domain?
3: What do I use in email client software for incoming and outgoing mail servers? (I used to use port995.com with my poert995 username and password?
Sorry for these dumb questions - all this information was easily available in the Port995 support pages, but there don't seem to be any such pages for PAYH.
Also, my apologies to any Plusnet staff I have spoken to today - I have been on a short fuse as today was a bad day for me email to stop working!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Pete Fotheringham
4 REPLIES 4
aaronbennett
Dabbler

Re: Email Settings in PAYH, Just the Name and email clients

Hi.
1) No and this should propagate shortly, it has updated at the registry.
2) I can see in your payh account you have it set to forward the catch-all to your gmail account (Home>Domain>Mail Management>Preferences)
3) mail.petefoth.co.uk ; standard ports; smtp authentication required.
Note that there is comprehensive context based help available from the left hand menu of your new Plesk control panel.
petefoth

Thanks Aaron
petefoth

Now I just need to get the email that were still in my port995 inbox (username petefoth.port995.com) across to the new server.
Are you able to help with this?
Thanks
Pete Fotheringham
James
Grafter

Hi Pete,
I think your best bet will be to give them a ring on 0870 2840284 as Aaron and Kevin generally don't visit this forum too regularly.
They should be able to sort things out for you fairly quickly.