ETA on 66mb+ fibre?

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: ETA on 66mb+ fibre?

@mtremlett 

Couple of other things.

There is no real speed drop off with FTTP. Line distance or quality makes no difference. You should get close to whatever package you choose.

There is no rhyme nor reason to the OR FTTP schedule. You could go live this week or it could be next year. It's not beyond the realm of possibilities that PlusNet will launch before you're live on FTTP.

Brian

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@mtremlett wrote:
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
WBC FTTP Upto 1000 Upto 220 -- Waiting List

--

Wow, that's the first time I've seen 'Waiting List' against WBC FTTP.

FTTC often has that condition when all the available VDSL ports in the cabinet are taken, but I was under the impression that when FTTP was installed to a location there were enough connections provided (CBTs these days, previously Manifolds) for all the properties served by a particular DP.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@RobPN 

My guess is that OR have physically committed to the build at this location but it's not yet complete.

Hopefully the OP will post back when it does become available.

Brian

starfire
Dabbler

For info, I am moving to Sky for FTTP.

I phoned PN to get an idea of the early cancellation charge and was advised if I moved to either BT or EE for FTTP then once connected I spoke to PN again they would waive/refund the cancellation charge.

May be helpful - wish I had known this earlier.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

May be helpful - wish I had known this earlier.

@bmc mentioned it earlier

If you want faster speed now then you'll need to change providers. There are several main stream ones available. I can't guarantee this but PlusNet were offering to waive any early termination fees to members who moved to BT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.