Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPP Code to Transfer Domain Out

MAS46
Dabbler

EPP Code to Transfer Domain Out

Hoping someone from support can help. 

I have a domain that came across from the old Totalise/Madasafish days, which I would like to transfer out.  It is an me.uk domain and the new provider apparently needs the EPP code.

20 REPLIES 20
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: EPP Code to Transfer Domain Out

You dont need an EPP code for .uk domains. You just request the IPS tag be changed to the new provider.

I've done 2 transfers recently, you request a transfer in with the new provider. Then change the IPS tag to theirs ( they will specify what their TAG is ) and then their systems see the IPS tag has been changed and the transfer completes.

The only difficult part with a Plusnet/Madasfish domain is that you can't change the tag yourself, you have to request the change. However its one things that you can still do via the 'ticket' system I believe , try https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22987&wizard_id=38 when your logged in to the member centre. In my case the domains were previously with fasthosts and I was able to use the control panel to change the IPS tag myself.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MAS46
Dabbler

Thanks, but going through the sign up process with the new provider (online) it is asking for the EPP code and won't proceed any further ::-(

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Which provider ?

I know you CAN use EPP fro uk transfer https://registrars.nominet.uk/uk-namespace/registration-and-domain-management/registration-systems/e... but didn't think anyone was actually using it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MAS46
Dabbler

Thank you, but even more challenging is I don't actually have a plus net account to raise a ticket.!!

MAS46
Dabbler

TheEmailShop

Just need domain hosted and a couple of mailboxes

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@MAS46 

This seems to go against their own information on their website

To fully free transfer of.UK domain names to us you need to instruct the current domain’s service provider to release the domain i.e. change the domain’s registrar Tag to "X" (changed to not cause any issues). This change will bring the domain’s management under our system, hence domain is fully transferred and complete management of the domain such as future renewals and any DNS changes can be carried out through our control panel.

This change only is a matter of one click so it shouldn’t take long for the domain to move from one registrar’s management to others.

I'd suggest contacting them first.

Kind Regards,

CJT
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@MAS46 Often the new providers transfer form has an space for EPP but it should allow transfer without it.

As @CJT-80  says, their own FAQ says its not needed, and I'd be surprised if any (not just PlusNet) provider would provide an EPP code to transfer a uk domain

MAS46
Dabbler

@MisterW @CJT-80  Thank you both. I will follow up with new provider.

I assume to request the IPS tag change at Plusnet requires a ticket to be raised?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@MAS46  as i said above, I think its one of the few things that can still be requested via the ticket system

However its one things that you can still do via the 'ticket' system I believe , try https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22987&wizard_id=38 when your logged in to the member centre.

I have a feeling that as soon as the TAG change request is actioned, your domain hosting by Plusnet/Madasfish will stop working. It shouldn't but I suspect it will (hopefully I'll be proved wrong!)

MAS46
Dabbler

As I don't have a plusenet username, I can't raise a ticket!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@CJT-80 Hang on, I'll try and nudge someone who's around and should be able to sort it out.

@MatthewWheeler  any chance you could assist please ?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Can you raise a ticket under your Madasafish account? - https://portal.madasafish.com/contact/index.shtml

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Bob, I wasn't sure what was possible from a Madasafish account and going by a recent thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Old-Madasafish-domain-name-transfer/m-p/1712537 a PM had been requested.

MAS46
Dabbler

@bobpullen the option to raise a ticket just keeps coming back to the contact us page!