cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dose plusnet Do FTTP

tazfan
Dabbler

Dose plusnet Do FTTP

i had an Openreach guy knock on my door yesterday saying they have layed Fiber to my door so I should be able to update my internet but on the list off IPS  i don't see Plusnet is this something Plusnet can offer or do i need to move IPS in order to make use off this New FTTP Fiber 

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Dose plusnet Do FTTP

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

PN don't currently offer FTTP packages and currently have no plans to do so the last we heard.

You would need to change providers.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@tazfan 

OpenReach are getting better - when I got FTTP I knew immediately as I'd been speaking to the engineers working on the chamber in my neighbours garden. However, it took them over a year to send me notification it was available!!!

I assume it's actually available to order as they've spoken to you but you can check the following. You need to see WBC FTTP in the left hand column. www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

As mentioned PlusNet don't currently offer a FTTP product and there is no information as to when (or if) they will. So you'll need to move if you want it (contracts not withstanding!!!).

BT and Zen and the main residential ISP's offering FTTP though there are other smaller ISP's and those more business orientated. It's rumoured Sky will be launching next month (apparently they've started training support staff).

Brian

tazfan
Dabbler

Shame that Plusnet have no plans to offer a packages for it shows I can buy an plan now with with a few off the listed ips
I might look into it after my contact ends but I do like the plusnet team so hopefully they will offer it as it be good for my it company that I sometimes work at from home