Did you mean: 

(Don't) Pay-As-You-Host!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

(Don't) Pay-As-You-Host!

Morning all,
Thought I'd post here to let you know about a pretty good opportunity for those interested in an advanced hosting package for any domains they might have.
Not a lot of people know but when we acquired Metronet back in 2006, we also acquired three of their sister companies: Just The Name, Port 995 and Pay As You Host.
Due to some long-standing issues with the PAYH service, we've recently completed the migration of all customers onto a hosting platform based on SWsoft's Plesk.

To quote directly from their site -
Plesk is a comprehensive control panel solution used by leading hosting providers worldwide for shared, virtual and dedicated hosting. The control panel is designed to simplify the management and administration of web sites. Plesk control panel automates a large number of tasks that allow service providers to reduce operating costs and resources while at the same time increasing profitability, efficiency and customer satisfaction.

Plesk allows you to easily install web applications on your site, sometimes with as little as a click of a button: an image gallery, a discussion forum, a blog, an online store, a chat, and many other applications. Plesk supports a number of scripting languages including some that our current CGI platform doesn't allow. This includes ASP, SSI, PHP, ColdFusion, Perl, Python, FAstCGI and Miva. There's also full domain control, with support for txt records, spf and more.
At the moment, customers can register an account for free. We disabled billing as part of the migration of existing customers from the old PAYH platform, however we've decided to open this up to new registrations too!
We'll be giving our customers at least 30 days notice and plenty of opportunity to close their accounts before we finalise our pricing for the new range of products so at the moment you've really got nothing to lose!
You can register an account here.
I'll make sure the PAYH support team are aware of this post in case any of you have any questions.
Happy hosting! Grin

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

30 REPLIES 30
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: (Don't) Pay-As-You-Host!

Just clicked the link and got the errors shown below - not an auspicious start!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Indeed. That needs fixing. Completely harmless but I can see how it's likely to put off a lot of people.
I shall mention it to the PAYH chaps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Adam1V
Grafter

Just to get this straight in my head then, the current domains I have hosted with Force9 is using the old PAYH platform and as it stands Im able to migrate these to the new platform for free?
Will the services mentioned below be available through the force9 portal?
Or have i got the wrong end of the stick here?
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Hi
The hosting provided by Force9 and PAYH are completely separate.
At present there is no billing system on the new PAYH platform although this will be getting introduced in the future at which point all PAYH customers will be emailed giving them notice to when billing will start.
The service will not be available via the member centre, as it has its own control panel using Plesk
Hope that helps to clear things up
Adam1V
Grafter

yes thanks!
Just an optional hosting package. One i might have actually considered before installing the 2 forums and 3 feedback forms ive just done Smiley
Does look good though!
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Thanks for the feedback
If you need to change in the future you know where to find us  Wink
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

We have now resolved the cert error issue on the sign up page
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Bob
I have just looked at Pay As You Host it is buggy, wen you login as a guest, you get an Error on the page.  Plus there is no text tags on a number of the images on the site.  Huh
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

The demo account is one that is provided by swsoft and not by ourselves.
What is the error that you receive?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Have a look at the screen shot.
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

I have looked at the screen shot but can see no error on there. Can you please point it out in case we have overlooked it.
Do you get the same errors if you sign up for an account with us and have logged in?Huh
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

OK have a look at this screen shot.
Kev_Mawson
Grafter

Ok, can see what you mean but this is to do with how your browser has rendered your tool bars and has nothing to to with Plesk.
I have tried to replicate this in IE7 and have been unable to do so
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: Kev
Do you get the same errors if you sign up for an account with us and have logged in?Huh

I haven't signed up, the site is to hard to navigate.   Huh