cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domains

Kettlebastonian

Domains

I've just migrated my account over to PlusNet from Madasafish (who have been hosting my website for the last eight years). I've managed to keep the domain & email active by downgrading it to a 'JustMail' account, but during the process I was told that MaaF would be quitting hosting at the end of the year. The 3rd part host would then charge £96pa, or it would cost £25 to transfer the domain into my name - neither of which was very appealing!
Looking around the PlusNet site (as an 'individual' customer) I appear to be being offered a domain for £1pcm, but there's no mention of hosting. It also appears that PlusNet stopped PAYH back in 2014, and that only business users can access their 250Mb of webspace. This is all very confusing!
Can you please tell me, have I found some archived info that should have been removed by now, or (if I pay for the domain - it was free with MaaF) can I still get the site hosted?
Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Domains

It's feasible to host the domain against your Plusnet account for £1/mnth, however I doubt you'd want to do this because you don't have any webspace so it would only be good for email.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kaos2003uk
Dabbler

Re: Domains

I could help you out there...I am currently offering free webhosting to fellow plusnet customers. All you would need to do is point ur domain to my plusnet static ip address and I'll do the rest. You would have access to a control panel to sort out emails ect.
Pm me if you want more information