Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer

FIXED
stuarttetley

Domain transfer

Hi,

I have been trying for almost 3 working weeks to update my domain registrant info, and to transfer my domain tetley.org from Plusnet.  

At this point, after quite a bit of work, I have managed to complete an update to the registrant email, but unlocking the domain for transfer is proving a challenge.  I have a number of support tickets relating to this, the main one being #169215403.  It has periodic activity, then gets put 'on hold' for days at a time.

I think there is some confusion about the process.  I was initially asked to provide an IPS tag for the new registrar, which I did on 26 February, the day I started this. Though, on educating myself, I don't think the IPS Tag was ever needed - those are only for .uk domains?

As it's getting close to the domain expiry date, I am becoming concerned.  Is there any information about what happens when a domain expires on Plusnet?  I see plenty of such information from other providers, but can't find anything for Plusnet.

Browsing these forums, I see a few kind folks who frequently step in to help/advise -  @bobpullen, @Chris and @Gandalf

Thanks in anticipation,

Stuart Tetley

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Domain transfer

Hi Stuart.

I'm sorry about the delay you're experiencing with your domain transfer. You're right that you don't need a IPS tag for a non-UK domain. We'll just need to unlock the domain and issue you with an EPP code.

I can see we've raised this to the relevant team yesterday.

I'd expect this to be done early next week. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuarttetley

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for your very quick response. Hopefully it'll get done Monday.  

I think at this point an interruption in service is unavoidable.  From what I read, the domain will 'go inactive' on its expiration date - Tuesday next week, and I doubt a transfer can be completed in mere hours.  

Is there any additional info on what exactly will happen on expiry?  I certainly want to avoid the worst-case scenario of losing the domain entirely - there appear to be various grace periods - not guaranteed, but something.  However, there can also be some pretty heavy 'redemption fees' if it goes on too long.

Thanks again,

Stuart

stuarttetley

After a second email exchange from bulkregister.com, I can confirm the domain registration details are now confirmed and fully up-to-date.   Thank you for that

Hopefully, the EPP code will be along soon.

Best regards,

Stuart

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers for letting us know Stuart.

I've passed this onto our domains team. They'll issue you your EPP code shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuarttetley

Thank you very much, Gandalf!

Happy to confirm the EPP code received very promptly yesterday.

Thank you again for all your help with this.

Stuart

Two thumbs up!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m glad to hear that Stuart.
No problems at all. Let me know if you need any further help in the future.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet