Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer not going through

FIXED
Clumpy
Grafter

Domain transfer not going through

Hi,

I am waiting for the domain transfer of clumpy.co.uk to go through, mythic beasts are waiting, I have been told that the domain is still registered with FORCE9. How do I get this pushed through please? I have no email as a result of the 4 day delay.

Thank you
16 REPLIES 16
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Domain transfer not going through

Fix

@Clumpy looking at this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Domain-Transfer-out/m-p/1950733 it seems that the transfer was only requested on Wed at the earliest. It can take up to 3 working days for NetOps to process the transfer request , so I'm afraid that it probably wont be completed before 2 Jan

I have no email as a result of the 4 day delay.

If the domain is still hosted by Plusnet then you should still be getting email there.

If you are moving the email to mythic and have already opened the account, you SHOULD be able to change the MX record to point to Mythic by using the Plusnet domain control.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Clumpy
Grafter

Thank you, I shall be patient and see about setting up the mx record.

Cheers
Clumpy
Grafter

Domain no longer hosted with PlusNet so no chance to change MX records, oh well....

I shall have to be patient Smiley

Cheers

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's odd, because requesting the domain transfer SHOULDNT change the hosting, its purely changing the IPSTAG. Until you subsequently change the nameservers it should still be hosted at PN.

A nameserver check on your domain isnt returning any nameservers , so something doesnt look right!. Probelm is that even if a staff member picks this up, NetOPS don't work weekends and hols so noone is going to be able to do anything until Tuesday...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Clumpy
Grafter

Guess that serves me right for thinking that this was a good time of year to change things.

I figured something had gone awry, Tuesday it is then.

Thank you for your help.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I've escalated this thread to try and gain staff attention

Clumpy
Grafter

Thank you - fingers crossed.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @Clumpy 

Unfortunately, it looks like the way this was raised was done incorrectly so it hasn't been picked up yet.

I've raised this through now correctly but I'm afraid there is a bit of a backlog due to the festive season.

We'll get it done for you as soon as possible 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Clumpy wrote:

... fingers crossed.

@Clumpy   Take a look at the domain-diagnosis page for clumpy.co.uk - https://www.domaindiagnosis.com/index.php?query=clumpy.co.uk

I don't understand what's happening here, there should be 'mx records' I think, for your mail to work at all (?)

Your post at https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Getting-frustrated-at-a-lack-of-support-for-my-stuck-d... says the domain hasn't yet 'arrived' at mythic beasts - yes, it will 'arrive' if/when the IPSTAG is changed by PN, but you can do all the set-ups in advance (now) by adding it to mythic beasts as a 'third party domain'.

The MB domains page is at https://www.mythic-beasts.com/customer/domains , where there's the option to add a third-party domain.  However the usual 'verification' method (to check you own the domain) is via e-mail (yours not working at present).  So.  There's a 'manual' option (where you contact MB support and explain the issue) (they're usually pretty prompt).

Meanwhile iirc there are ways to change certain factors associated with your domain (whilst it's still at PN).  Not sure which factors - DNS, MX, txt (?) - but either @MisterW or @Townman (or probably both) would be able to clarify how to do so.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Clumpy
Grafter

Thank you Penny, the optoin for me to make any changes on the Plusnet site are gone. I cannot change anything as apparently the domain isn't listed by Plusnet in my user pages.

I have changed my email address to one hosted by MB on another domain for now. I cannot add the domain as a third party for as I cannot change anything on the Plusnet side.

All the records along with the MX went pretty much as soon as I asked PN to transfer the domain.

All a bit of a pain really!!!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Penny yes, something's gone wrong with the domain transfer and it needs Netops to investigate, problem is they're backed up

@Clumpy do you have a Nominet account for the domain ?, if so you might be better taking the £10 hit and requesting them to force the transfer

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Clumpy wrote:

I cannot add the domain as a third party for as I cannot change anything on the Plusnet side.

... I don't think you need to be able to change anything on the PN side, to add clumpy.co.uk to MB as a third-party domain.

The domain-diagnosis page https://www.domaindiagnosis.com/index.php?query=clumpy.co.uk illustrates that something has gone significantly awry with the transfer, and confirmation by PN staff on this thread here, that the domain is yours, should be adequate to prove to MB that you own it, if you take the 'manual' route to set up the third-party domain there.

Dually I'd probably be inclined to do as @MisterW suggests and take the £10 hit to get Nominet to do the transfer, as a way of bypassing the current NetOps backlog.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Clumpy
Grafter

Sadly I think I registered the domain through pn years ago and therefore don't have a nominet account for it.

I shall get onto MB in the morning.
Thank you for your help guys and galls.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Clumpy it doesnt matter who the domain is registered with , its always worth setting up a Nominet Online services account https://theukdomain.uk/help-centre/why-should-i-set-up-a-nominet-online-services-account/ .

In your case if you havent already got one then I suspect its not possible to set one up as you wont ( I presume ?) have access to the email address on the registration ( although it may well be your default Plusnet email address? )

Once you get this all sorted out, I'd suggest setting one up just in case for the future. I have my Nominet account linked to an email address completely separate ( actually a gmail address ) so that it doesnt depend on any domain email functionality.