cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain pointed at ccgi. Well, kind of not new but still not right!

Word_Warrior
Grafter

Domain pointed at ccgi. Well, kind of not new but still not right!

Well, I've followed the instructions for pointing my domain name at my ccgi website. Thanks Ffupi and many others. The problem is that some (a lot) of graphics just ain't there.
I've changed the DNS Records, I've created a .htaccess file in the root of my ccgi bin and the website is displayed as requested albeit without the graphics. What am I missing? Compare the reults of these two addresses to see what I mean.
http://www.frizzell.biz
http://ccgi.frizzell.plus.com/10/
"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice"
... and Andy
Help please. Huh
STOP PRESS: Firefox threw in the towel big time!
Tested on Mac OS X Safari and Firefox, (latest versions)
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Domain pointed at ccgi. Well, kind of not new but still not right!

First you need to learn about relative rather than absolute paths for files. All your main page links contain the full URL rather than a relative link to the file concerned. This means you cannot move the website easily and thus fall into the trap you have with the image paths no longer matching your new location.
Second, I assume you have setup the htaccess to make directory 10 your root for the domain. If so, no relative links can contain /10/ like the background image link. What that is actually looking for is a directory called 10 from the root of your domain, which does not exists. The directory 10 is actually your root for the domain.
Remember, any links starting / means the root of your domain, not the root of your ccgi.
Convert the website to relative paths and you can then relocate it without messing up the links to pages and images.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Huh
Gulp!
I had a feeling it might be a paths issue but I'm a lot confused now, I might revert back to the redirect until I understand more fully.
Why can't we just have a plus net switch (magic wand) to sort this.
Andy Cry
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The problem is with your code, not PN this time Wink